I find GD and SR players to be facinating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

03-19-2013

There are so many things that are blatantly obvious, but if you try and point them out to them they get really angry and defensive.

Like this thread that Shaella made about her LoL experience after taking a long break. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=shaella

Quote:
AD carries now completely pointless
bruisers even more retarded than they were before
Riot still can't (or won't) playtest a release enough to balance new heros (vi)

Cool.
I just...really don't know how anyone could argue this but they do. The single most efficient way to grind elo right now is to go double bruiser bot and eat your lane opponents alive + **** on them late game even if it fails because your team has 4 bruisers on it. If there's anything my experience on dominion has taught me, it's that you really don't need an ADC to totally dominate the enemy team. In fact, having an ADC is often a liability because peeling 2+ bruisers (as well as threat of AP burst from the team's mage) is impossible.

You can't do anything that goes against SR's precious meta however, because your own team will have a meltdown and won't try as hard the moment that you do. The best thing I got away with was Leona + AP Kennen bot (pretending I was AD Kennen so my teammates wouldn't rage, and then pretend I had wrong masteries/runes once the game started). My friend and I won about 85% of those games.

Another example of general weirdness. I made a thread a while back about how I genuinely believe that Zed is Ezreal 2.0. All of the signs are there that Zed is OP to the max. I explain it in this thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3182104 . I had several high elo players agreeing with me, but I was still downvoted and had my thread closed.

But today this thread was made about Zed: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3207066 . He gets a bunch of upvotes, and the community agrees with him.

One last example is a thread a diamond elo player made about Kassadin being OP on SR. The evidence was there. You had a Kassadin with laughable CS and ridiculous scores and win rates. The community downvoted him, and one of the most upvoted responses was "I had no clue diamond players were so bad."

I attribute a lot of this to hivemind, and a broken upvote/downvote system. Rather than actually question the material that people are presented with, they simply upvote/downvote and blindly agree/disagree without even having a discussion. I made a thread about this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3138251 but even THAT thread got downvoted into oblivion

Really random post, but I'm just so confused. GD makes no sense and frustrates me. I really don't understand them.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

You are confused because you expect some logic and reasoning from the cesspool that is GD.

I will say that AD carries are not as bad as Shaella is making it out to be, but kills lanes are extremely stronger at lower elos where people have no idea how to dodge abilities, lane, or ward properly.

Oh and Kassadin is extremely derpy in SR, even I have had consistent success with him at Platinum. Even in games that i lose I generally have a positive score, just have a team or teammates that throw so hard they are uncarriable(or I just lack the skill to carry them).

inFe eD

03-19-2013

It's a Shaella thread. GD is a cesspool, but instantly downvoting anything Shaella creates can only be a good thing, because the only time he/she/it posts anything worthwhile is by accident.

Genericke

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
It's a Shaella thread. GD is a cesspool, but instantly downvoting anything Shaella creates can only be a good thing, because the only time he/she/it posts anything worthwhile is by accident.
I find Shaella hilarious though because her trolling ability is exceptional. I have seen other threads though with people pointing out the weakness of ADCs, and they get downvoted into oblivion because "lol, Vayne/Kog are totally viable in solo queue and not at the mercy of their teammates."

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Hahahaha the best part is when you do the ezreals comparisons and one guy comes saying he got buffed to Oblivion:

When the hell did -10 mana to his Q became a asurdly amazing buff? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, Can't stop laughing.

Reynmaker

03-19-2013

When you look at the points raised in that thread, and other stuff like Sejuani getting a visual update after all the **** that was spouted in their design defense after her launch, you have to realize that this a free game, that rose to where it is because it was free and easier to play when most other options were pay to play.

I honestly just sat and realized, when you add up things like the 'quality' of the game client, lack of balance in champions, old/new, lack of balance in items......

How many of you would pay for this experience ?

Free is going to attract exactly that kind of people that live in GD, so why be frustrated by that ? It really isn't worth the emotion.

JamesLeBoss

03-19-2013

Bruiser comps have ridiculous power for most of the game and can out muscle a lot of other comps. Guardsmenbob (if anyone still remembers him) used to run it pre dreamhack and beat better teams with a full bruiser comp.

I gave up reading GD posts a long time ago, I found better champs to abuse for SR here than in GD.

Orphane

03-19-2013

Quote:
This is pretty much why the idiom "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" came into being.

Vsin

03-19-2013

Quote:
To be fair, Bunnygirl Riven.

0shi

03-19-2013

*downvote*