@Morello, lets talk some Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN Frosty View Post
ok lets put riven top vs ad sion, lets see you farm those items up against her. There's only like 2 top laners that i would even play sion against, Cho and nasus, and nasus even is still a pain in the ass
Don't know why Riven is being used as an example. She has to get up close to him, which is an advantage for him. At the cost of being inconsistent, AD Sion is insanely overpowered; if there is any rework, there's ill chance he'll retain that obnoxious ultimate nor his level 2 Pickaxe.

DN Frosty

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Don't know why Riven is being used as an example. She has to get up close to him, which is an advantage for him. At the cost of being inconsistent, AD Sion is insanely overpowered; if there is any rework, there's ill chance he'll retain that obnoxious ultimate nor his level 2 Pickaxe.
Try playing ad sion vs riven, you would think he would do well against her but she destroys him, same goes with about every other top laner out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Sniper View Post
He got his stun duration nerfed due to the AP version of Sion, which somewhat hurt AD Sion's ability to close gaps.

This type of nerfing makes me sad. It is just one example of the lack of foresight on the balance team. And you actually trust them to correct issues with champions? I don't want another Sivir.
The main problem with his stun atm is the amount of mana it eats. its 100 mana at all levels and you start with 240. I think the ap ratio needs to come down in order to have a scaling mana cost on it

daggers of denak

03-19-2013

bump

DN Frosty

03-19-2013

agreed BUMP!

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Man leave Sion alone. He's like the single consistency in this game: Always bad. We need someone like him to hold it all together.

Kyrrion

03-19-2013

They could at least start by at least giving Sion's kit a chance.

Passive needs to be thrown out (because the champ with 3rd largest base health and infinite scaling health needs more defense right?) and replaced by something like, "When ever Sion is auto attacked, he gains a stacking % movespeed burst that caps out at 5 stacks".

100 mana at all ranks for his Q and the only bonus from ranking it up is base damage? Outrageous.

His W should blow up and deal damage even if destroyed (there's still counterplay of burn his shield before he reaches you but it also makes Sion more reliable).

E should get an AP ratio for more bonus damage when activated.

R is fine now because AP grants Sion AD with his new E, making lifesteal and attack speed good stats for AP builds. Needless to say it's good for AD already.

daggers of denak

03-19-2013

Bump

DN Frosty

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
They could at least start by at least giving Sion's kit a chance.

Passive needs to be thrown out (because the champ with 3rd largest base health and infinite scaling health needs more defense right?) and replaced by something like, "When ever Sion is auto attacked, he gains a stacking % movespeed burst that caps out at 5 stacks".

100 mana at all ranks for his Q and the only bonus from ranking it up is base damage? Outrageous.

His W should blow up and deal damage even if destroyed (there's still counterplay of burn his shield before he reaches you but it also makes Sion more reliable).

E should get an AP ratio for more bonus damage when activated.

R is fine now because AP grants Sion AD with his new E, making lifesteal and attack speed good stats for AP builds. Needless to say it's good for AD already.
Actually i like his passive the way it is, it does come in handy, I was thinking its his q and w that need the focus. Like for instance

Q Cryptic Gaze

60/70/80/90/100 Mana cost per level
Cast range increased from 550 to 600
Ap Ratio reduced from 0.9 to 0.7

W Death's Caress

Mana cost is fine
Range is fine
Keep ap ratio the same, but also add the option of dealing damage per a % of your max hp, whichever value is higher

Only other thing I could think of is to buff his starting stats a little bit. Like give him a higher starting base hp then a taric?

AdmiralAardvark

03-20-2013

Pls make him AD.

Note, i dont play AD Sion, i play him AP because right now that is the superior build (try playing AD Sion vs an Elise in top lane and tell me that build is viable). However, it is boring and one-dimensional and should definitely not be his primary playstyle. Drop the stun AP ratio to .4 and then give him a 30/40/50/60/70 flat MS buff when he is facing a stunned target (flat MS to synergize better with Phantom Dancer/Zephyr). Make his passive a flat damage reduction against ranged attacks OR make any incoming damage increase Sion's lifesteal by 1/2/3%, stacking up to a cap equal to his current level.

DN Frosty

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAardvark View Post
Pls make him AD.

Note, i dont play AD Sion, i play him AP because right now that is the superior build (try playing AD Sion vs an Elise in top lane and tell me that build is viable). However, it is boring and one-dimensional and should definitely not be his primary playstyle. Drop the stun AP ratio to .4 and then give him a 30/40/50/60/70 flat MS buff when he is facing a stunned target (flat MS to synergize better with Phantom Dancer/Zephyr). Make his passive a flat damage reduction against ranged attacks OR make any incoming damage increase Sion's lifesteal by 1/2/3%, stacking up to a cap equal to his current level.
Dropping the ap ratio on the stun that low could really wreck ap sion gameplay, thats why i only put it down to 0.7 in my suggestion