@Morello, lets talk some Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eytukan

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailygoat View Post
Because his team also gets benefits from the heal off his ultimate and he gets 3000 health easily without health items(not saying he isn't squishy though).

aoe heal radius is 200. It's like melee's auto.

AK47WOLF

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN Frosty View Post

Pros

- High Ad early game
- Amazing Ultimate
- Early ap makes him a bully in lane
- Can be very beefy just from farming
- Has a Badass skin

Cons

- Slow and easily kited
- Ad too item dependant
- Very mana hungry
- Easy to snowball against

I do love playing sion, but I feel that with the release of the newer top lane champs, Sion could use a much needed rework to make him a more viable champion in general. I just wanted to get some insight from you to see if anything was in the works for him.

Thanks in advance and Upvote if you guys agree!
Sorry. While I agree that Sion should get a change, I don't agree that he should be next in line. Warwick needs it more. Sion at least has 4 useable abilities. Warwick's Blood Scent is shut down by every slow ever. And as a comparison, he has ALL of the weaknesses you mentioned (he is just item dependent in general), while possessing no real pros except sutain.

ValderiusRex

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Sorry. While I agree that Sion should get a change, I don't agree that he should be next in line. Warwick needs it more. Sion at least has 4 useable abilities. Warwick's Blood Scent is shut down by every slow ever. And as a comparison, he has ALL of the weaknesses you mentioned (he is just item dependent in general), while possessing no real pros except sutain.
The main problem with Sion isn't his his power level, it's his disjointed gameplay. Sion is a big zombie warrior with an axe...who never hits anyone with it. There's a huge disconnect between the concept of Sion and the execution of the champion. Warwick is concepted as a feral hunter who tracks his prey, chases them down, and rips into them with bloodthirsty claws. In this regard, he executes perfectly. Weather or not he's POWERFUL in this role is another question entirely, and fortunately it's one that can easily be addressed by nerfs and buffs rather than a complete overhaul.

Oh, and boots of swiftness are godly on WW. No more getting slowed out of your chases.

DN Frosty

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailygoat View Post
Because his team also gets benefits from the heal off his ultimate and he gets 3000 health easily without health items(not saying he isn't squishy though).
Yeah but in order to get to that 3k hp, he has to farm, the minute he gets camped by the jungler, he falls behind. His kit is really outdated though and needs some attention

Fat Mchugelarge

03-19-2013

He's fine. Get a frozen mallet and Iceborn Gauntlet and stop whining mana and kiting.

Eugenides

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
Sion is fine. Stop rambling.
Prove it. Take a new smurf and run it all the way up into diamond playing Sion only.

Titiln

03-19-2013

split AD and AP into two different champions.

one blows himself up, the other mauls people's faces off.

DN Frosty

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
He's fine. Get a frozen mallet and Iceborn Gauntlet and stop whining mana and kiting.
ok lets put riven top vs ad sion, lets see you farm those items up against her. There's only like 2 top laners that i would even play sion against, Cho and nasus, and nasus even is still a pain in the ass

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

He got his stun duration nerfed due to the AP version of Sion, which somewhat hurt AD Sion's ability to close gaps.

This type of nerfing makes me sad. It is just one example of the lack of foresight on the balance team. And you actually trust them to correct issues with champions? I don't want another Sivir.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenides View Post
Prove it. Take a new smurf and run it all the way up into diamond playing Sion only.

Even though I know he needs reworked I may just try this to see how well I do.

Now watch me destroy with him as he is but after he gets changed I fail hard with him

hue