Journey Into The Freljord II: The Winterís Claw

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 40
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinn and Valor

Demacia's Wings

03-19-2013
1 of 14 Riot Posts

Winterís Claw territory

The farther we travel into Sejuaniís lands, the colder the Freljord grows. Iíd cover my tracks if the falling snow didnít do it for me. I know we arenít welcome here.

Near the border we passed the burnt remains of an Avarosan village. Hundreds of hoof prints led in all directions. Did the tribesmen who died here choose to remain loyal to Ashe in the face of the Winterís Claw? Is this the ruin Sejuani brings upon her opponents?

What I canít explain is the second Avarosan village we discovered. It was deserted without a single sign of battle or struggle, although the Avarosan banners still hanging from their huts had been shredded. Did these people flee?

Sejuaniís camp

Val spotted a Winterís Claw warband nearby. Without his eyes, I might be dead. We ducked out of their path and they passed without spotting us. Then we followed them to Sejuaniís camp.

Several warbands joined the first, each bearing the spoils of conquest: weapons, food, and to my surprise, recruits. I realized then that the people of the second Avarosan village hadnít fled, but had instead joined the Winterís Claw willingly. The most zealous of Asheís people had described the Winterís Claw as a starving, ill-supplied band of raiders, but at dusk the camp burst into celebration with plenty of food and drink (especially drink).
I only caught sight of Sejuani herself for a moment. Atop her massive war beast, she was a fearsome sight, but even she joined her men in celebration. Their songs celebrated her name.

It appears Sejuani is more than a destroyer. She too seeks unity between the tribes of Freljord and her tribe grows with those who choose to join her.

This isnít what I expected. Val and I will head east and seek the people loyal to the Avarosan there. If Sejuani recruits as easily as she destroys, the Freljord under the control of the Winterís Claw would certainly be a threat to Demacia. Is Asheís tribe at risk?

Previously:

Mandaari

03-19-2013

Awesome.

You should link to these in the client/launcher so they're not just for forum goers.

Edit: Sej and her boar look amazing in that too.

Tempname8956

03-19-2013

Does anyone think that lore nerds are anime nerds are the same people?

Wow downvotes from you social outcasts..

GD is the scum of the internet

CrazedPorcupine

03-19-2013

OH SNAP!!! Sejuani's new look is beast. WAY more terrifying looking than before.

LesLlamas

03-19-2013

I guess you could say that this conflict resembles.....the cold war.

KingFirmin504

03-19-2013

<3

Mulldozer5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

This is super cool.

GG Crono

03-19-2013

Someone make some popcorn, this is getting good!

Teemo Support GG

03-19-2013

I love this style of lore.
thank you for brinin it back

Baconstr1pz

03-19-2013

Go meet up with tryndamere I wanna see what he thinks

1234511 ... 40