Flat CDR runes now completely destroy scaling CDR runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
I agree with NamKim, I've always used flat CDR.

Now, they are 7.50 for the whole game, vs 10.0 at level 18. Is the extra 2.5% worth what you lose early on?

(Perhaps it is, I haven't really delved into it too deeply. Just curious.)
yes it really could be but it being so late in the game it up to you, the fact is if you see how spells work there cooldown goes down as you level them like lux ult, reason is later on everyone has more health harder to kill weres early if at lvl 6 if lux can use her ult within 30 sec it would be to much, so here is my point, so what you reduced a 120sec cooldown at lvl 6 by 7%(117sec) (rough estimate) where at lvl 16 when you get that last point and the natural cooldown for lux ult is close to 45 sec? with just some cooldown seems you can use it all the time your be realy close to 35 with some gear and scaling at that time. i guess it really depends on the Champion but i think to many people worrie about early game way to much when there need more stats after lvl 9 and the game will be won when everyone is lvl 10+ not under. so if you dont get scaling your throwing away 3.5% cooldown reduction just so early on your 120 second coolodwns can be closer to 115? these are stats you wont have at lvl 18 your just throwing it away for no reason because early on its not gonna help you as much as you think.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Excuse me, it caught up at level 11. My mistake.

Flat blues = 5.35 CDR
Scaling blues = 8.62 CDR

5.35/9 = .59 per rune
8.62/9 = .95 per rune at lvl 18/18 = .053 per level per rune

.053*1 = .583 per rune

Three levels of extra gap is still massive.
what kills me if your oversight that if me and you we going vs each other and you had Flat CDR and i had Scaling at lvl 11 im getting more cdr per level and you still have the same ammount, there is a cap on how much CDR you can have i think its 40% so i dont really stack CDR on my runes anymore unless theres a champ i play that needs it to be viable and even then i rather rush cooldown items because just 2 puts me close to that cap and with scaling i wouldnt need to worrie about another item to be close to 40% were with flat you can be stuck at 32% an another item would out you overcap wich is something could have went to something else. so you assement of flat and throw out scaling is invalid and rushed. getting an early lead is awsome but has a high risk vs reward, but most games are won after lvl 14, so even if i just have .15% more cdr from scaling im getting more from my runes and at lvl 18 it very very close to 40% more like i said the champion can focus on stronger items that dont have cooldown.

Tautochrone

03-20-2013

My god...use some punctuation!

Admiral PhantaC

06-19-2013

How do you remember your login.....

AlphaFerric

06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
Wall of text with 3 ****ing periods per post.
Please, for the sake of my brain and everyone else's, retake 7th grade English.

Also, as far as which is better for early level CDR, you'd have to go through on a champion by champion basis, and even then you won't get good results purely from theorycraft. Do they have low CD's early on? Get the scaling ones so you can get more CDR total from fewer runes. Do they have long CD's early that scale quickly to short ones? Probably want the scaling ones again and go something like 9/0/21. Do they have long CD's that stay long? Maybe go for flat so you can sit on 10-20%CDR to compensate early on.

The downside to all of that is its more than champion by champion, as you also need to consider matchup by matchup. Do you need to gapclose a lot, are you the main damage source from your team, is the other guy outpushing you? These factors are hard to account for in blind pick (and can still be hard in draft due to ambiguous picks).

Imo, just go for whichever one is more efficient on a stat/runeslot basis by the 10 minute mark.

Reikken

06-19-2013

I used to use a ton of scaling CDR runes, but now i just get 6(.7)% flat because CDR is so easy to get from items now. 4% mastery + sweeper + BFT = CDR limit with only 6% from runes.

Orphane

06-19-2013

Nobody realized that this was necro'd by some mental deficient who wants to recover his account name instead of having anything to do with the original discussion?

naotasan

06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Not particularly relevant to the dominion forums.
Very relevant IMO. If scaling runes pass up at 10 and before, they're so much stronger. You power through those levels fast in Dominion

General Quackers

06-19-2013

OP here; this still bothers me on any map. Scaling runes should be stronger than flat runes for more than 4 levels.