***Tips Needed***

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Sateless

03-19-2013

Hello, my name is atreidese i personally like to play adc on ranked, i am currently bronze 5..im not here to blame trolls, flamers, or any poor skilled people for i am learning new things myself, i was hoping someone would be kind to view my video on lolreplay of my quinn gameplay and give me some feedback, i am sure i made some mistakes but any advice will be needed thanks. Someday i want to hit platinum or diamond and it will be a long journey, wish me luck and help me out! please go to LoLreplay and watch it here.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2987067/

Selcopa

03-19-2013

I'm having some issues with my LoLReplay to go over it but I should be on later tonight and ill give it another try.

I cant get my LolReplay to boot up, general error

Selcopa

03-20-2013

Your replay is broken, you'll need to reupload

ArisColdsac

03-20-2013

can't watch your replay. but some basic corki tips here:

always save mana for W early game.
Use ur E to clear waves mid and late game instead of using Q R combos (mana efficient)
your autoattack does a lot of dmg early game (10% bonus true dmg) so dont afraid of autoattack trades in lane, specially if your support is sona.
The nerfs to tri-force make it a very weak item atm so corki is now very weak mid-game, so if you go for tri-force first, tell your team to try to hold until you get at least a bf sword.
Your E does more dmg then Q after it gets lvl 3 (you would be lvl 10) but not as reliable and lower burst.

Lord Sateless

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArisColdsac View Post
can't watch your replay. but some basic corki tips here:

always save mana for W early game.
Use ur E to clear waves mid and late game instead of using Q R combos (mana efficient)
your autoattack does a lot of dmg early game (10% bonus true dmg) so dont afraid of autoattack trades in lane, specially if your support is sona.
The nerfs to tri-force make it a very weak item atm so corki is now very weak mid-game, so if you go for tri-force first, tell your team to try to hold until you get at least a bf sword.
Your E does more dmg then Q after it gets lvl 3 (you would be lvl 10) but not as reliable and lower burst.
Thanks for the input, i replaced the link with a quinn ranked game instead hopefully the link isnt still broken.

Selcopa

03-20-2013

1:40, id try to go for golems, give yourself an exp advantage for minimal hp loss, also id watch tri brush just in case invade
2:35 good kill
2:55 your csing so far has been pretty bad, you got a kill for 400 gold thats great, but you've missed out on close to 250 gold already.
4:00 obviously just bad positioning, you shouldnt be getting hit by taunt, or flashing it, you gotta recognize that if you get taunted you are going down, so its worth to flash it, you might be able to pick up the kill after flashing it, but you shouldnt of needed the flash in the first place.
6:05 i woulda called him off as soon as he stunned, he ends up wasting exhaust
6:30 you can attack move a little better here for more damage, once again though you need to stay out of the taunt range.
6:48 you can harass alright, but your csing really needs to get better, its not as if you are sacrificing CS for harss, you are just missing cs.
7:25 easy on spamming the mana, your attacks need to have purpose.
7:50 your poisiting once again still way off
8:12 you get a double kill there if you attack move better during the fight, and you end up not dieing. You also get that kill if you cs'd better earlier and were able to buy a little more items. Finally you forgot to pop your potion, multiple options to get that kill.
11:35 you kinda baited taric there, you dont really have any kill potential there, just save your support and get out.
12:30 I dont play quin, but id much prefer AD items over a zeal, especially getting that early first blood and your apparent easy to get kills/harass I might even have considered a sword of occult
13:25 you are too close to your support, you are making it too easy for them to hit both of you at the same time, spread out a little bit and they'll only hit one of you, you can pick up a double and leave
14:45 easy pick up good job.
14:50 id be telling taric to help me push the lane but we cant control him
15:20 just take the tower.
15:35 the fact that hec decides to come at you 1v2 with half HP is a good indicator help is on the way that you cant see.
17:00 i mean this is a free kill had you picked up the tower 3 minutes ago, instead you almost get sniped by akali.
17:33 a little better precense will allow you to get more damage in early, entirely possible you stay alive in the fight a little later.
19:04 you are trying to do too much, its not about sick nasty micro sniping people, take out their front line and take objectives.
20:00 7 kills and your AD is not that good.
20:45 good job, you still need to work on your attack moving though, you can get more free damage in than you are getting.
21:50 grab wraiths/wolves
22:45 you are an ADC, it is not your role to go for the enemy ADC, you need to take out their front line, if by the good graces of god the enemy ADC gets in your range, you can blow them up, but you are their to melt their front line.
25:35 This is why BORK might have been a good option
26:45 Stayed too long
29:00 if you were with the team, panth stays alive, you might even get free baron
29:30 dragon
31:00 your mechanics need to be better, you need to stay in the back longer, pick off their front line when they try to rush you then you can pop into birdman and use your aoe moves, but you are jumping in too early.
33:30 just farm you wont catch him
35:15 it benefits you ZERO to go toe to toe with hec, attack, step away, attack, force him to match your micro, you might even be able to kite him pick off a pick.
36:20 if you had better farm you'd have GA and you live.
37:37 again, you arent standing in the back dropping down their front line, you cant let them kill you like that, use your bird defensively more.

Definitely felt this game was winnable, you finished the game with 158 CS in a 38 minute match, and you missed ALOT of cs for absolutely no reasons.

Tips to improve
Basic mechanical last hitting - Simply being a little more patient for the minion to get lower to insure you get the last hit, you'll have more gold for better items making it easier to win trades
Attack move - you can use an auto attack, run away, and attack giving up minimal movement and not missing any attacking time, many times you could have gotten 2-3 hits more in if you were attacking and moving better, while they wouldnt be in range of you, and that would be the difference between you killing them and surviving, and you getting killed.
Positioning - You need to focus more on taking down the enemy front line, if the enemy ADC over extends and you can snipe them go for it, but otherwise take out the front line, use your bird defensively unless you are 100% confident you can go aggressive and clean up everything without dieing.

Lord Sateless

03-20-2013

Thanks i appreciate the feedback and i do take it to heart, hopefully i will begin progressing toward silver soon, thanks again looking forward to seeing you on the fields of justice some day.

ArisColdsac

03-20-2013

158 CS for 38 min is not acceptable, but this is amendable. Make a custom game by yourself and simply practice. Imagine if you had 300 cs at 38 min mark. Considering a kill worth about 15-20 cs, you literally lost 9 kills just from last hitting.
Again, practice makes perfect. You need to establish a rhythm while last hitting and practicing in a custom game by yourself will help you on that too.
also, when you practice, don't use runes and masteries if possible and don't buy any starting items.
Also, in teamfights, you need to know that your role is the adc. You should be the one cleaning up the fight, i.e. you need to be the last one on your team to die. Therefore, you need to position yourself that way. Allow 1-3 sec in teamfights before you decide to go up and hit the enemies squishies, so that you are sure that the enemy assassins and carries will not focus you if you step up.

Lord Sateless

03-21-2013

Thanks for the help i will practice more, i still need to work on my map awareness as well.