I've never played Dom, time to start.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

03-19-2013

I've played a good amount of games as Fiddles. He needs a good team around him so that he doesn't get squashed, but his harass is actually pretty potent. Dark wind often has clumps of enemies to bounce around, and his ult can turn the tide at tower fights. You'll need to use his fear often to get some space between you and an angry assassin, and good positioning is key, but he's not as bad as people let on.

Also, welcome! Dominion isn't without its faults, and reds don't like us too much these days, but the game mode is still a ton of fun!

Genericke

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
I actually see lot of Fiddles on Dom, and somehow they always wreck, contrary to what would everybody expect. Or in worst case, they're pretty decent. I'm not sure what they do, but I guess one thing to be mindful about is to never go alone when playing fiddle
There's a player named Soeveth, and all I ever see him play is Fid.

He either does extremely well, or gets his ass kicked. Very little middle ground with that one. He's at a very high elo though, so he must be winning more than he is losing.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Personally, I'm just a fan of playing your main (keeping team composition in mind, of course) and making it work out. After all, Lulu and Nunu were once considered just average picks (Tier 3-ish). It wasn't until people started to really use them and figure out what they are really capable of before they were moved up to Cheesecake Tier (of Sauron's old system).

Of course, it is a little unfair of me to say this considering Wukong, one of the stronger picks, was my main
da hell? Lulu topped cheesecake tier the same week she was released, No, seriously she literally was above kassadin before her first nerfs.

On topic:
Hello and welcome to dominion!
as for your Mains, Vi and Hecarim are really nice picks for Dominion, Hecarim serves the same role of ganking and allowing a lane (bot lane in the case of dominion) tog et an advantage he serves in summonner's rift he still contribtes to teamfights but thanksto overall DOminion meta yous hould avoid being outnumbered when playing him.

Fiddlesticks is kind of on the weak side here thanks to the healing debuff and the amount of wind-up it takes to execute a proper Ultimate+drain+fear combo without being interrupted but as in summonner's rift there's probably players that only play certain championa t the highest elos and it wouldn't be weird if there was a fiddles player.

HaIfhearted

03-19-2013

If you're interested in the more competitive side of Dominion, there is a tournament held every Saturday at 5PM PST, streamed at twitch.tv/dominatedominion.

Further details can be found here.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy playing Dominion, and I look forwards to seeing you on the Crystal Scar.

Camsaiga

03-20-2013

Hello and welcome to Dominion! I did not imagine my post on GD to draw in people to trying Dominion but Im very happy it has! Keep in mind that Dominion has a higher barrier of entry to it simply because it plays so much differently then any of the other maps. So do your best to learn it and try to rise out of the elo hell and I am sure you will have a great time.

Also as you said Dominion community is solid and more then willing to help you. Join the Dominatedominion in game chat channel to meet a lot of great people as well.

have fun!

Fancy Wolf

03-20-2013

not to selfishly plug myself, but I stream dominion every day for mutliple hours and am the captain of one of the top teams. I always converse with chat and am willing to give advice for anyone looking to start getting into dominion

http://www.twitch.tv/sirfancywolf

SlasherBag

03-20-2013

So you say you jungle in SR eh? If you have the map awareness of a jungle and understand the importance of jungle control (just being in the right region of fog at the right time) you will do great here with enough practice . Source: I only play jungle in SR because its as close to dominion as I can get.