I've never played Dom, time to start.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Is My Name

03-19-2013

Alright people, Camsaiga's post in GD has me curious. With such a loyal fanbase Dominion has to be pretty good. I've always played SR and I've always been a jungler (I main Vi currently) so I've always been put off by the fact that Dominion has no jungle so-to-speak. With that said I'm ready to start.

I'm looking for a quick overview of major points in things I should know going in, champion types that are good and why, and anything else I need to know. Thanks in advance, have a nice night

Orphane

03-19-2013

There are two extremely helpful guides written by two top-level Dominion players that pretty much cover a lot of potential things you'll want to know. Some of the information in Nekrogen's guide regarding champ strength might be a little outdated due to balance changes, but on the whole the information should be good.

Nekrogen's beginner guide: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990

Sauron's advanced guide: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

If I had to offer an additional word of advice, it would be that Dominion entry elo is about what you would expect of a typical "elo hell" scenario- it'll seem like there's nothing but trolls, AFKers, and people who don't seem to care about winning or losing. Just remember that when you started playing SR, you probably ran into the exact same situation, and given that you know even a little more about what you're supposed to do than your opponents, you can win more often than you lose, even if those losses will be really frustrating. Good luck!

Lee Is My Name

03-19-2013

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the help. I'll check those links out right now.

Lee Is My Name

03-19-2013

Actually while I have you, I don't see anyone I main on this list. How are Vi and Fiddlesticks in Dominion?

For that matter, how is Hecarim? With his speed and tankiness I figured he would have been amazing in Dominion. I main these three in the jungle on SR so I'm curious if my knowledge of them could translate. Thanks again.

TempNam325rwe5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Best thing to do is join the in-game chatroom "DominionMentor" and ask someone to mentor you after you get some basic games under your belt.

Redeemed In Fire

03-19-2013

Vi is solid, Fiddlesticks is kind of weak. Hecarim is also good, pick him when your team has a lot of damage already (Vi, Vayne, Kat, etc) and build similar to SR (black cleaver and LW are your main damage items here, visage and either frozen heart or iceborn is core). Also, what SCIENCE said.

A Slime Appears

03-19-2013

Hecarim is very fun on this map. Coming off a speed shrine and ganking with E is awesome. Vi seems to do fine. Not sure about Fiddle though. He seems hit and miss.

NamKim

03-19-2013

Personally, I'm just a fan of playing your main (keeping team composition in mind, of course) and making it work out. After all, Lulu and Nunu were once considered just average picks (Tier 3-ish). It wasn't until people started to really use them and figure out what they are really capable of before they were moved up to Cheesecake Tier (of Sauron's old system).

Of course, it is a little unfair of me to say this considering Wukong, one of the stronger picks, was my main

Volandum

03-19-2013

Hecarim is great at teamfighting, start teamfights (or bot lane ganks) with your speed and you should do well.

Vi is very strong, standard build is Brutaliser (into Ghostblade for more personal offense or Cleaver for team support) and Last Whisper, picking up more CDR (Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage, Zeke's, Locket, Zephyr, another Brutaliser...), defenses (several of the above, Runic Bulwark, Randuin's Omen) or utility (Phage, Grez's Spectral Lantern) as needed.

Eloquid

03-19-2013

I actually see lot of Fiddles on Dom, and somehow they always wreck, contrary to what would everybody expect. Or in worst case, they're pretty decent. I'm not sure what they do, but I guess one thing to be mindful about is to never go alone when playing fiddle