Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

R.I.P Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etyn

Recruiter

11-03-2010

I stopped reading at your W...

fully maxed it does the same amount of damage 2 sunfire capes cause.

"Only used for creeping"

lol kthxbai.

X Avatar X

11-03-2010

The nerf is ****.

Dinosaurus

11-03-2010

Quote:
Etyn:
I stopped reading at your W...

fully maxed it does the same amount of damage 2 sunfire capes cause.

"Only used for creeping"

lol kthxbai.

If u are playing vs some1 with brain he will never get close to you O.o cause mord close up is a terror. Chances are u will end up geting powerballed by rammus or taunted by shen before u reach their carry. The only hope to deal damage in teamfight is to use E ,ignite,R to get a carry from their team.

Playing mid 1v1 vs ashe with flash and ghost comes down to using E, ignite ,R to kill her and theres no place for W unless shes so stupid to run into YOU wich actualy happens in low Elo xD

Ill edit the thing about only used for creeping to only used for creeping (in high ELO)

DeadXera

11-03-2010

Quote:
Dinosaurus:
If u are playing vs some1 with brain he will never get close to you O.o cause mord close up is a terror. Chances are u will end up geting powerballed by rammus or taunted by shen before u reach their carry. The only hope to deal damage in teamfight is to use E ,ignite,R to get a carry from their team.

Playing mid 1v1 vs ashe with flash and ghost comes down to using E, ignite ,R to kill her and theres no place for W unless shes so stupid to run into YOU wich actualy happens in low Elo xD

Ill edit the thing about only used for creeping to only used for creeping (in high ELO)

lol then I guess you would be well served to put it on your own tank, eh? someone who say, has a good way to get near their carry, and force them to attack him, and deals damage when he is attacked... hmm... i can't imagine who that would be, can you?

Dinosaurus

11-03-2010

Quote:
Tanerian:
Had to stop reading there. A Mord building those 2 items is epic fail.

Clearly, given the rework on Mord here, those of us playing him Cooldown/Magic pen, were the ones who were doing it correctly. Those building him tank were building him wrong, as this change greatly nerfs his tank build, while not effecting his good build very much. Glad to see Riot didn't fix him around a crappy Tank build.

The changes end up as a Nerf any way you slice it. There are some buffs in it, but overall it's still a nerf.

His early game got a nerf, and perhaps he needed it, but it really didn't change him that much. I still have no problem keeping his shield up and harassing, I barely notice the difference. I think good Mord players won't have any problem adjusting to this. It's not a problem.

His AP ratios, Mace, and Passive getting a buff, actually helped part of his later game. By slightly adjusting his build (Yet sitll getting 40% CDR, and magic pen) and adding AP, his spells can be pretty epic, especially his W. It makes his build options more versatile imo, since you can now consider a large amount of AP items as being decent.

If I left it at that, I would consider this all a slight overall buff. Small early game nerf, some small late game buffs for an overall better late game.

However, the nerf comes in with the Ultimate. Mord was a character with an ezmode early game (still way easy), great mid, and a huge fall off late games. The ONLY thing that balanced this out was the fact that IF he got a ghost, the fight shifted in your favor almost instantly. Now his ghost is pretty terrible. It doesn't do much damage, it can't tank towers, and it can't proc on hit effects. They simply destroyed it.

Adding spike damage to the heal/damage part of it was ok, but the ghost was what made the Ulti and it's pretty terrible now.

Take his ult out of the equation, and the new Mord is better than the old Mord. But the nerf to the ghost is just huge and really hurts Mords ability in team fights, because he's not doing THAT much more damage in team fights, and he's probably building slightly less tanky.

I

With atmas , trinity mord was very competent penta killer but for those items u needed starting warmog , boots (merc,or smth) , frozen , randuin/force depending what they have (magical dps or AD dps) and then came trinity , atma.
This build was meant for pentakills and now its pure ****

Dinosaurus

11-03-2010

Quote:
DeadXera:
lol then I guess you would be well served to put it on your own tank, eh? someone who say, has a good way to get near their carry, and force them to attack him, and deals damage when he is attacked... hmm... i can't imagine who that would be, can you?

Range on creeping is pretty short and its traveling speed is OOM I think some can outrun it.
Also Morde is to stay in front of the team with tank so the assasins like akali can flank their carrys so PLEASE tell me how can i put creeping on akali 1000 range away from me waiting in bush to jump their carry. And if she jumps close enoguh chances are I will be stunt or aoed with galio s ult or something

Also this is not discussion for Creeping Death but for overall nerf of old Mord