Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

R.I.P Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

huntroll

11-03-2010

Nerfing his ghosts HP and Damage with 20-30% would be enough IMO, but he didn't take such a great hit with the nerf bat and he is still able to crush the enemy if played right.

Probably his FoTM status will end soon and less ******s will play him, at least I hope so because seeing a Morde in every team with Warmogs, Swiftness and Mallett was really painful.

But if you really want to switch from Morde, I recommend Nasus. He has a similar role like Morde, but he has more utility, CC (!!!) and a better lategame (though its harder to gett kills with him early on). And he takes more skill to play, so its less likely that every noob will pick him like it happened to Morde or Garen.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

11-03-2010

I read the OP.

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

jackassa

11-03-2010

Someone doesn't know his math. At all.

Dinosaurus

11-03-2010

Quote:
Alberio Imma:
Mathematically his Ult only takes mitigated damage after 8 seconds. So it's actually a buff if they're running QSS.

Also, E still does great work. I just had to mid lane against a Morde as LeBlanc. Lemme tell you, it was hard as hell to nuke him down when my first hit was always absorbed. We both ended up trading deaths until his team started ganking.

Eh man new mords will never get so much Pentakills or quadras cause the soul doesnt use the slow anymore...
And Q doesnt deal so much damage as it did before if u built morde on trinity/atma with HP. (warmog,frozen,randuin/forze,trinity,atma. Used this build every time they didnt have Kogmaw or some hero that deals % of hp as dmg. Otherwise i used CDR/tank build and it worked great for me)

I think im finished with Mord cause its never gona be so much fun to get soul and kill their whole team with it if played prorperly

ThePhenomenalOne

11-03-2010

teehee "creeps"

Turbo164

Recruiter

11-03-2010

Quote:
Dinosaurus:
I played Morde 600 games from wich about 100 in ranked so you dont say that I dont know what I am talking about.

W: nothing special since it was only used for creeping

You don't know what you're talking about.

Dinosaurus

11-03-2010

Quote:
Turbo164:
You don't know what you're talking about.

Ye its gibberish what I wrote up there xD but I really had allot of games with mord on US and on EU since it exists. I think I had bout 3** games in US and here i have 500 so its somwhere like 600 games with morde since i am a mord junkie xD

iLikeToSummon

11-03-2010

No, Morde was nerfed the way you played him. He was buffed the way I played him.

X Avatar X

11-03-2010

So because some noobs overextend, and their teammates don't wanna run over to that lane and cover while they revive, Morde has to be nerfed?

Plz, Morde had only a few things going for him.
1. He's a god **** damage absorbing machine. This was nerfed.
2. When he got his ult, if a carry, he became a carry. This was nerfed so that if he gets his ult he says to himself, "where'd it go? It was there a second ago..." cuz it dies in 2 hits and that is even if he can get the **** thing cuz of how nerfed the application of his ult was.
3. Just the first two. Both are gone.

R.I.P.

Tanerian

11-03-2010

Quote:
Dinosaurus:

Now lets explain what happened to his spells.

Q: before the patch was dealing 80 bonus dmg plus his ad that meant on lvl 18 u could hit about 200-300 and with trinity force u could hit 600 damage with it. If u had atmas impaler

Had to stop reading there. A Mord building those 2 items is epic fail.

Clearly, given the rework on Mord here, those of us playing him Cooldown/Magic pen, were the ones who were doing it correctly. Those building him tank were building him wrong, as this change greatly nerfs his tank build, while not effecting his good build very much. Glad to see Riot didn't fix him around a crappy Tank build.

The changes end up as a Nerf any way you slice it. There are some buffs in it, but overall it's still a nerf.

His early game got a nerf, and perhaps he needed it, but it really didn't change him that much. I still have no problem keeping his shield up and harassing, I barely notice the difference. I think good Mord players won't have any problem adjusting to this. It's not a problem.

His AP ratios, Mace, and Passive getting a buff, actually helped part of his later game. By slightly adjusting his build (Yet sitll getting 40% CDR, and magic pen) and adding AP, his spells can be pretty epic, especially his W. It makes his build options more versatile imo, since you can now consider a large amount of AP items as being decent.

If I left it at that, I would consider this all a slight overall buff. Small early game nerf, some small late game buffs for an overall better late game.

However, the nerf comes in with the Ultimate. Mord was a character with an ezmode early game (still way easy), great mid, and a huge fall off late games. The ONLY thing that balanced this out was the fact that IF he got a ghost, the fight shifted in your favor almost instantly. Now his ghost is pretty terrible. It doesn't do much damage, it can't tank towers, and it can't proc on hit effects. They simply destroyed it.

Adding spike damage to the heal/damage part of it was ok, but the ghost was what made the Ulti and it's pretty terrible now.

Take his ult out of the equation, and the new Mord is better than the old Mord. But the nerf to the ghost is just huge and really hurts Mords ability in team fights, because he's not doing THAT much more damage in team fights, and he's probably building slightly less tanky.

I