R.I.P Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinosaurus

11-03-2010

I played Morde 600 games from wich about 100 in ranked so you dont say that I dont know what I am talking about.
In this post ill explain some things that made Mord a viable champ and overally fun wich is now gone...
Every dedicated Morde player will understand what im talking about.

Now lets explain what happened to his spells.

Q: before the patch was dealing 80 bonus dmg plus his ad that meant on lvl 18 u could hit about 200-300 and with trinity force u could hit 600 damage with it. If u had atmas impaler too with some HP items u could hit 1000 dmg with no problem. Now it hits 200 dmg without base dmg or using trinity wich means 400 damage reduction if u built him trinity and if u built him HP and trinity + atma it hits -800.

If u didnt have trinity or atma u could still hit for 200-300 depending on ur base dmg
and the health cost really didnt matter cause mords only viable build was survivability (tank items like force and so on...). Now their excuse to cut his damage from Q spell is lesser health cost. I mean its like taking away my Ferrari for some old Moped wich uses less gas...

W: nothing special since it was only used for creeping (IM SAYING THIS FOR HIGH ELO not for Low ELO...on low elo you can farm ppl with this)

E: Now this is the part that cripled morde in this patch. Since I understand Mord and played about 10 games after the patch I found out that this is junk from now on.

Before u could easly harras those who u were laning aginst and fill ur shield with no prob. Now this is a spell wich has no use except creep farming. Bad thing is that now you cannot Creep farm at all since any smart player can keep you away from creeps very easy and if vs 2 cut experience completley. I mean I was vs xin and garen wich only standed in the bush and didnt even try to last hit creeps or deal any kind of damage to them so i dont get experience and guess what I ended up being same Level as they are.
(Dont even try to say something about (why didnt u call a gank) since i was playing ranked game and every ganking path was WARDED!)

R: The thing that killed and burried Morde in this patch.

This was bread and butter skill before the patch in late game and in early it was a tower destroying menace.
Now late game does not exist for Morde unless ur playing Public Low Elo game
His E already destroyed his early game wich means less gold wich was the only thing that made morde viable since he had no CC. This impacted also the late game.

Main thing about R was to get DPS carry from enemy team or you couldnt do any damage late game.

I had some toughts about this and i knew it needed nerf since in early game on lvl 6 in 6 minutes u could destroy the tower with no problem so i dont mind the HP nerf.
But cutting down on hit effects destroyed it. Now soul doesnt use Lizard wich in terms could slow lock ur target. Also the Frozen mallet (since morde has no CC) was one of better builds for morde since it could slow lock some target with soul.

(I have tried every morde build that is out there and found out that Frozen was a must since the soul could hit allot of DMG and with Frozen u could slow lock some1 with some ranged carry.)

Final thing is that Morde has no CC or escape spell so the nerf made him useless.
Gankplank and Trynda are good examples for CC/escape spells wich Mord doesnt have and still has to get close as they have too so what Guinsoo is sayin is pure BULL**** since morde will never be viable as AD/AP!!! Hes only viable as TANK and TANK ONLY!!!

Gankplank : his parrely (Built in heal + Cleanse) , Ulti wich can slow down whole team and has unlimited range)
Trynda: ... Spin ... Chicken ... Ulti ... speaks for itsefl.
Mord: hmm... Hmm ...HMMM

Im sorry if my English grammar is not good so please correct me if I typed something wrong.

My final toughts are that Morde is done forever and is not viable to any team setup any more. The nerf bat has hit him so hard that he broke his back. Anyway I had allot of fun with it so hope you Mord players had too since we will never see its old glory.

Im so gona switch to vlad Allot of hp , dmg , crzy ult and uses no mana FTW.
I recomend that to all Mord players too.

Carthias

11-03-2010

You do know the reason his R was changed was BECAUSE it was a tower destroying menace, right?
You can't control your teammates, if one of them decides to over-extend vs a morde and ends up giving him a ghost, especially late-game, you can kiss that tower good-bye in most cases.

As far as his "E", it was changed because he was un-harassable during the lane phase with it. Riot does not like champions who are unharassable during the lane phase(there are two exceptions to this;taric and sona). You can look at Nidalee nerfs and healing nerfs in general in the past as proof to that statement.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-03-2010

The only major difference I noticed was his ultimate. It seems to do WAY less damage than before, I am not sure why, but I haven't had luck killing people with it. It just doesn't seem to be very consistent with the damage it is doing...

Tactics24

11-03-2010

You're wrong about his W skill, it wasn't only used for creeping. Its got about the magic damage of 2 sunfires and it can really hurt squishies. Although the main problem for Mordekaiser with this recent patch was his E skill and his R skill. E's damage was nerfed, and his R skill is currently bugged. You are definitely correct that Mordekaiser is now nerfed to oblivion, but I'd rather not switch to vladimir.

PenguinPower

11-03-2010

Its just the flow of the game, certain champs move into the OP spot, get overnerfed and forgotten about. I don't mind it personally, as I hate Mordekaiser with my guts.
To be honest, I though Mordekaiser was OP, and still is very powerful. You describe him being viable as a tank, which is very true, but the same goes for Garen. Yet nothing is done about it.

YYZed

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
The only major difference I noticed was his ultimate. It seems to do WAY less damage than before, I am not sure why, but I haven't had luck killing people with it. It just doesn't seem to be very consistent with the damage it is doing...
It's bugged to deal current HP, not Max HP.

Alberio Imma

11-03-2010

Mathematically his Ult only takes mitigated damage after 8 seconds. So it's actually a buff if they're running QSS.

Also, E still does great work. I just had to mid lane against a Morde as LeBlanc. Lemme tell you, it was hard as hell to nuke him down when my first hit was always absorbed. We both ended up trading deaths until his team started ganking.

Prisonal

11-03-2010

I've seen mordes do quite well since his changes. The champ is changed so builds for him should be changing as well. The scaling AP/AD off his Ghost is amazing and if you kill a ranged champion it's almost an extra champ in your pocket.

Crimson Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

whoa, did not know that R wouldnt apply on hit effects anymore...

that kinda sucks since i use morde commonly on 3s... but oh well, i still do good even if i dont have liz or mallet, and im against morde opness on 5s (i dont use him on 5s)

so its allgud

TheKingofEloHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthias View Post
You do know the reason his R was changed was BECAUSE it was a tower destroying menace, right?
You can't control your teammates, if one of them decides to over-extend vs a morde and ends up giving him a ghost, especially late-game, you can kiss that tower good-bye in most cases.

As far as his "E", it was changed because he was un-harassable during the lane phase with it. Riot does not like champions who are unharassable during the lane phase(there are two exceptions to this;taric and sona). You can look at Nidalee nerfs and healing nerfs in general in the past as proof to that statement.
QQ more. (the first part)

the second part, that is true with ANY situation. A feeder is a feeder. and if ur partner is THAT stupid that's not MORD'S fault.