Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks – Hexo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murkul

03-19-2013

WOW ! Only a warning ? I would of banned the guy right of the bat for engaging in against the law stuff like this. You guys are letting a criminal on the loose.

RanmanReborn

03-19-2013

He should have his head chopped off by Garen.

SunLeviathan

03-19-2013

i thought anonimous wanted ddos attacks more widespread and legal.

and if riot gives in to the jokers demands, wont the joiker just change them for the sake of it? you know batman is just too much fun.

TOP OR JUNG ONLY

03-19-2013

Quote:
KT Samurai:
Isn't Anonymous trying to petition to have DDoS attacks recognized as a legal form of protest?

As a legal form of protest. Not to do harm to others. Denying connection to the internet is pretty much what Anonymous is against the most due to it being one of the only free places where we can speak our mind. Which personally speaking, I'm behind 100%.

Dulu

03-19-2013

Quote:
BRBxCatOnFire:
Riot we have come to a crossroads. I think you fear what I'm about to say next, because you know what I'm about to say.

Either you take action in-game, and permanently ban his account, and penalize GGU, or I'll take the matter to the authorities. While he's at LCS, I know what city he's in (I also found, through google, his home town and his full real name). I will call the authorities and have him arrested with the proof that YOU provided. Act, or I will act. You know if I call the authorities that you will be forced to fork over ALL of the information you have regarding the subject, so you will have to be involved -no matter what-.

People get banned every day for petty offenses in-game that do not even come close to rivaling this, this is a federal crime, I will not allow it to just be punished by a warning. Either you act, or I do. If I act, he will be put in jail, if you act, his account will just be banned and GGU penalized.

It's your move Riot, a lot of your reputation rides on it, and the fate of Hexo rides on it. No matter what, he will be brought to justice one way or another.

I’m sure you’re well aware of what will happen in this scenario but let me lay it out for you:
If he is NOT punished:

1) The authorities will be called, and the evidence you provided will be used to file a felony case on him regarding DDOS

2) Your reputation will be tarnished. You ban people every day for much smaller things, but if you refuse to ban him, it means you see certain people as “higher” than the average player, just because he’s a team manager, and we, the playerbase, will not like that.

3) No matter what, you will be involved. If you don’t punish him, the authorities will, and they WILL contact you to gather any and all information that you have gained in your own investigation.

If he IS punished:

1) Your reputation will be in tact, GGU will be saddened, the perp will be saddened, but, justice will be served and, we, the people, will be satisfied.

You choose what is the easier and more logical route for you.

I want to make it a point that every day people are banned for being “toxic”, some a lot less than others, some that are never racist nor offensive, just overly-competitive and emotional. These are in-game behaviors that violate the ToS of Riot Games. What the perp did in this case is violate Federal Law, and should be treated as such. If you decide to not punish him, you may as well reverse every single permanent ban you have issued, for no case is worthy of punishment in your eyes.

I love you Riot, but I have to take a stand here.

Make your move Riot, if there is no response, or change of disciplinary action, nothing short of a permanent ban and some sort of sanction placed on GGU, within 7 days of this post, I will call the local authorities and have him arrested, using the evidence you provided. The Federal Law against DDOS’ing is not just there to be there, it’s a law and must be abided by. This is beyond Riot Games.

In Conclusion – I’d like to add that, watching the entire full video, Nintendude is not a culprit in this, in fact he seems to strongly dislike Hexo.

Rest assured, justice will be served. Wherever there is an infringement on a human’s rights, we’ll be there, no matter how big or small, we take seriously, them all. Do not fear, if nothing is done there will still be justice, for every crime that is done, an angel sheds a tear.

Feel free to spread this as you please, and please do not give me credit, for I am no one as well as everyone, just copy and paste this entire message in this topic over and over for all to see, let our voices be heard, for this is a message from the people, from everyone. This is a message, from Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. United as One. Divided by Zero. Expect us – Always.

Great post.

The Light

03-19-2013

Quote:
MiziiziM:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WHAT?????????????????

this guy can DDoS and get a ****ing WARNING while calling someone a "bad word" will get your account permanently banned?

WTF is wrong with you guys? Are you demented?
'

In comparison:

You have to get "warned" (Via an actual warning or temp bans) 4-5 times before you get permabanned for anything tribunal-related.

This is his only warning -- and they have no damning proof that he actually did it, just that he at the least gave the illusion of doing it.

Not defending him, just pointing out how your logic is...bad.

Uhmpire

03-19-2013

Okay, well I'm to the point where I'm assuming Riot wants to set the example that if you DDoS someone, you will not be banned and only warned. What a great example to set for the community.

Remember, if you call someone a noob, you are risking a perma ban though!

Ban Hexo. If it was ANYONE else, they would be perma banned. Quit giving out special treatment to those who do not deserve it. Nobody likes the good ole' boy system. Also, I really hope ROBERT decides to get IC3/FBI involved in this one. Very disgusted over this and the ELO boosting punishments. If Riot had a 0 tolerance policy for major issues like DDoSing and the sale of boosted accounts, ect.. we wouldn't keep having these issues.

Edit: I understand the hesitancy from a business perspective on Riot's side of just unleashing perma bans on professional players. But, in all seriousness.. there are tons of players out there that are very deserving of these professional roles.

sh4dowhand

03-19-2013

I think there's something that's being misunderstood a bit here - Hex got just a warning because while its very likely that he performed the DoS, it's not proven, and as such DoS attacks can be very difficult to prove. The warning was for just the threat of making illegal DoS attacks.

If he was proven to have been performing a DoS, he'd be in a hell of a lot more trouble, but at this stage it isn't proven - just likely - and that's important.

RanmanReborn

03-19-2013

I say we execute him via firing squad and figure out whether he actually did it or not later on.

Darkwahn

03-19-2013

Why a warning? Sounds like permaban materiel imo.