LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orbxo

03-18-2013

its funny because he was probably trolling and somebody on the stream ddosd him. Pretty obvious the **** he typed in game did nothing and he would have to have his skype or ip to do anything.

Tartarus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

I'm bumping this with a support of harsher penalties. Sorry, but the ONLY excuse for this lenient of a warning is if you guys are not convinced that he did the attack. And considering what you say about his record of harassment, that seems unlikely.

Quite frankly, I would also like to see action on the team as a whole.

Between this and the Elo boosting, I am quite disappointed in the NA region at the moment.

HunterThompson64

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decisions View Post
I believe that a ban would've been more appropriate.

But think of how Riot is going to handle this.

If GGU, specifically Nintendude and Hexo, were banned from the LCS, how will Riot handle that then? If the whole team is banned from the LCS, then Riot has to find one other team to take their place HALFWAY through this part of Season 3.

Even if Riot only bans Nintendude and Hexo, GGU will have to bring in their subs and that would shift the team dynamic and strategies around alot. GGU just started to show their stuff in LCS.
Riot would probably ban just the two, and there would only be one replacement coming in, which isn't a huge deal. Hexo is a GM, not a player, so it's not like they're losing out on a very skilled player, but someone who can be replaced.

JohnWilkesTwitch

03-18-2013

Ban. No questions.

Asmonok

03-18-2013

DDoS attacks are illegal and fall directly under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. If the individual is found guilty by a court of law the minimum sentence is 30 days in jail.

If Riot did indeed catch him DDoSing then they are legally required to inform the users ISP and the authorities. Failure to do so is a violation of the USA PATRIOT Act. Violation of the USA PATRIOT Act by companies can lead up to $500,000 fines and possible jail time.

Good job on giving him his warning Riot. You are now a criminal.

BillyTheAttorney

03-18-2013

Hopefully Hexo and GGU are hit hard where it counts:

Sponsors pulling their backing.

"Do I want my product associated with a team manager who has the highest a-hole score on the NA League of Legends scene that initiated a DDoS attack?"

LawlerBrawler

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmonok View Post
DDoS attacks are illegal and fall directly under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. If the individual is found guilty by a court of law the minimum sentence is 30 days in jail.

If Riot did indeed catch him DDoSing then they are legally required to inform the users ISP and the authorities. Failure to do so is a violation of the USA PATRIOT Act. Violation of the USA PATRIOT Act by companies can lead up to $500,000 fines and possible jail time.

Good job on giving him his warning Riot. You are now a criminal.
They don't have concrete evidence that it was a DoS attack, so no... that's not the case. They're pretty sure he did it, but they don't know he did it. They even said that their evidence is circumstantial.

If you're going to try to be polarizing at least be informed about it >.>

Flemingo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

The punishment should definitely be much more severe for something that is actually against the law.

Knotee

03-18-2013

;D I'm bookmarking this to bump in addition to "Fanservice for Females?" and "i demand hot guy skins."

iL4w

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
Hopefully Hexo and GGU are hit hard where it counts:

Sponsors pulling their backing.

"Do I want my product associated with a team manager who has the highest a-hole score on the NA League of Legends scene that initiated a DDoS attack?"
I hope their sponsors are aware of this. I never liked GGU, especiall dontmashme.
He was so cocky in earlier weeks of LCS, when they had their first win, not sure if anyone noticed his overall physical/facial demeanor, as if he was better than everyone there.

Also if anyone also caught, when they won their first game, he was making that cocky finger notion to the defeated team. I thought that was so unclassy and disrespectful.

I found it fitting they ended up being 1win-9loss that week.