Should Warmog's be left in Howling Abyss

Yes 56 65.12%
No 30 34.88%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Warmog in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
Tell you what, lets look at this a different way... Lets say it gets removed, fine, now I want a reasonable replacement that gives me enough in and / or out of combat sustain to be useful. Current sustain items take too long to be effective.
Aegis/Bulwark, Solari Locket, Shurelias, Elisa's Miracle, picking up multiple health shrines.
Especially that last one.
It only takes 10-15 extra seconds out of your time, but you get a huge amount of health *and* mana sustain from it.
I honestly don't know why more people don't go back to grab more than the closest health shrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
Also, you can't really mathematically prove, that Void Staff is better. It depends on enemies builds, your build, AP ratios on your attacks and few other things..
I'm just going to leave this here.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a...-vs-void-staff

For a short version, Void Staff usually wins over Deathcap at 80 MR or higher, and really shines for AoE and poke mages who are going to end up hitting tanky enemies.
Plus, its cheap and easy to build, so you can start maxing your CDR a lot sooner.

Also, I will have you know that good players can and will build MR if magic damage is becoming a problem.
Bad players don't really count, because you can build whatever the hell you want, like Lichbane stacking Yorick, and still crush them ^_^

Beravin

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Aegis/Bulwark, Solari Locket, Shurelias, Elisa's Miracle, picking up multiple health shrines.
Especially that last one.
It only takes 10-15 extra seconds out of your time, but you get a huge amount of health *and* mana sustain from it.
I honestly don't know why more people don't go back to grab more than the closest health shrine.
I do most of these, but the health shrines should always go to the people on the lowest health. Also, while the health regeneration from all those items would be nice, you end up losing a heck of a lot of other stats to get it.

Even then, it would still take far too much time to recover in a practical and time efficient way.

Kalarepa

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
health shrines should always go to the people on the lowest health.
Not always. 2 examples:
- if you have a healer in team and he's oom - it's usually better to give shrine to him, so he can heal the others;
- if you're playing Lux, Nidalee, Ziggs or another long range, hard to catch hero (or a support, who can sit at back and support his team) - you should be fine even with low HP, as long as you keep safe distance. It's probably better to keep your frontline healthy, because they need it to their job.

Beravin

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
Not always. 2 examples:
- if you have a healer in team and he's oom - it's usually better to give shrine to him, so he can heal the others;
- if you're playing Lux, Nidalee, Ziggs or another long range, hard to catch hero (or a support, who can sit at back and support his team) - you should be fine even with low HP, as long as you keep safe distance. It's probably better to keep your frontline healthy, because they need it to their job.
I meant more in terms of general expectations. This is a non-spoken rule I see in quite a lot of games.

Obviously, it'll change based on the situation, but usually this is how it works.

iProbie

03-24-2013

I still prefer my teamwide items like shurelya's, bulwark and locket on pure tanks

warmog's only for mundo

Youniverse

03-24-2013

The question is not which items are better than warmogs or which build is better. The question is - is warmogs that over powered that it needed to be banned from ARAM.

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youniverse View Post
The question is not which items are better than warmogs or which build is better. The question is - is warmogs that over powered that it needed to be banned from ARAM.
No, it's not overpowered at all. It is not even a solid core item on ARAM currently.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Agree. Warmog should stay.

Elsqueako

03-25-2013

Overall, I think warmogs gives you a complete advantage over the opposing player/team, especially if the opposing player/team doesn't have warmogs. ARAM should just be about skill, and useful items that doesn't only bring health.

Beravin

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsqueako View Post
Overall, I think warmogs gives you a complete advantage over the opposing player/team, especially if the opposing player/team doesn't have warmogs. ARAM should just be about skill, and useful items that doesn't only bring health.
Again, the useful part is not just the health, but the ability to recover during / after each fight.

Even a skilled player will find it difficult to get stuff done with 20% health.