Should Warmog's be left in Howling Abyss

Yes 56 65.12%
No 30 34.88%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Warmog in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beravin

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QETCMMMover View Post
some people just blindly rush warmogs when them staying alive with all the extra hp and no team support isnt that useful without the support from some of the above items as examples
Not being dead or on red health will do a lot more for the team than buying a couple of aura items ever will. Bulwark is great and all, but getting health back between each skirmish / teamfight is a lot more important in most cases.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

I am ok with it not being there, it's an item that can be abused imo. And you can build healthy without it, maybe throw the warmog equivalent from TT in there with the unique passive, might be ok.

QETCMMMover

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
Not being dead or on red health will do a lot more for the team than buying a couple of aura items ever will. Bulwark is great and all, but getting health back between each skirmish / teamfight is a lot more important in most cases.
I'd rather my carries get more ehp and peels so that they are not dead and can actually do damage, especially with the worse melees such as udyr or trundle. you can buy warmogs and bulwark but some arams are decided before you can itemize both, and if your carries die and your nexus is destroyed because you rush warmogs instead of bulwark vs an ap heavy team, then that could have possibly been avoided by buying bulwark first.

if you at a really low health before the spawn timers get too high, you probably should have let the enemy team kill you anyway in the fight while doing as much damage/cc as possible because a respawn will help you regen a lot faster than warmogs

Beravin

03-19-2013

I often find that most enemies will switch focus to me if I cause enough havoc in the middle of them, so the other team usually has to deal with me before they can fight my carries. Still, it depends on the situation more than anything.

But then, I start Ruby Crystal/Emblem of Valor/Potions, so I can adapt easily enough anyway.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoConsequnc3 View Post
You're actually commiting the Either/Or fallacy here.
You're saying that either we have warmogs and it's an issue or we get rid of it and be fine.
This isn't true because there are counters to warmogs in the way of both champions AND items. If you aren't building things like Liandy's Torment and Blade of the Ruined King versus people stacking health then that's an issue.

For example, you could be Mundo with 6 warmogs and his ult turned on and a vayne with BotRK will still destroy you.

My point is, warmogs is an issue, and that's a good thing.
More health is a defense of sorts against things like true damage, while things like BotRK and %based damage items are great against health.
This is an evolving game style that riot is FINALLY getting right. Please don't say this is bad.
That isn't really what Im saying. I dont necessarily advocate getting rid of warmog. I am simply stating that right now it is by far the best Defensive item in the game for ARAM. By its existence, most other defensive items won't ever be picked for good reason.

Warmog gives the early HP regen with its easy build order and inclusion of 2 rejuv beads, adds semi-scaling amounts of HP5 that is great sustain, and the pure health is the best way to get tanky fast to resist dying to burst, now that armor/MR suck until prety lategame.

I can pretty much guarantee that just about everyone takes either an Aegis or a Warmog as a first pure defensive item over anythign else, including the excellent Locket, Randuins, Sunfire Cape, banshee, etc.

Nobody is saying it can't be countered...just that it is simply the best choice currently due to how ARAM works and the current game mechanics. I even stated that removing warmog would make Poke even stronger which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kalarepa

03-20-2013

Warmog the best defensive item? Imo, Bulwark is. While Sunfire is just as strong as Warmog. Warmog is good, but it's nowhere near OP and I don't see any reason to remove it from game.

I'm surprised by the result of this voting. I guess, people just hate bruisers.

ericl85

03-20-2013

Yeah, I don't understand the warmogs ban. Only a handful of champs use warmogs as a core item, and those champs aren't even OP in proving grounds. As a single target tank item warmogs is the best choice, but generally bulwark is stronger for the aura. In a game mode where carrys just build glass cannon and poke, I don't know why they're removing a good item for bruiser/melee champs.

FDru

03-21-2013

It's an extremely selfish item, and if removing it encourages players who just want to be tanky (which is what is theoretically designed for) to buy things like Bulwark, Zeke's, Shurelia's, Locket, etc then it's all good.

Kalarepa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It's an extremely selfish item, and if removing it encourages players who just want to be tanky (which is what is theoretically designed for) to buy things like Bulwark, Zeke's, Shurelia's, Locket, etc then it's all good.
I don't see, how killing versatility is any good. People should have a choice, what do they want, Riot shouldn't decide for them. Especially, that some heroes (Mundo, Volibear) really need Warmog and they aren't OP in ARAM.

Warrrrax

03-21-2013

Maybe I should clarify a bit. Yes, the Bulwark is the best defensive item in ARAM... but only due to the aura. Only 1 team member gets it, and even then it is rarely the first item taken in ARAM.

For the cost, 2600g for 1k health and 30ish HP5 is better than 2950g for only 300 health, 30 armor, 55MR, 10 HP5 (after nerfing). Stat efficiency is similar but pure Health is now much better than armor/MR for early to mid game for effective health boosting.

I personally start with 2 beads, boots, and Emblem of valor. This gives everyone the HP5 aura, and myself an extra 16 HP5 from beads so I can soak damage.

ericl85, what level are you? This is ARAM. Nobody can deny that there are a LOT of warmogs out there. If you are an ADC and need more protection, Warmog is the go-to item. Most tanky guys take Warmog. Sunfire is fine but comparing it to warmog is just inane... the 30ish HP5 is hugely important and the big health chunk is way better than half the health and some armor.