Should Warmog's be left in Howling Abyss

Yes 56 65.12%
No 30 34.88%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Warmog in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GDBoliver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

So I just found out that Warmog's was removed for Howling Abyss. Just wanted to get opinions on this as I am TOTALLY against this. I feel this makes some champs completely unviable anymore. I know I'm gonna have complaints about this, but I don't see the big deal about it not being available...

Youniverse

03-18-2013

I am against this direction too. The balance team should not feel like they need to put their hands on ARAM to make it fun. I am for adding stuff to the mode not restricting it.

Zielmann

03-19-2013

I'm unsure. I feel like it got put into a pretty decent place after the last nerf. And Liandry's/Void Staff or BotRK/Last Whisper are both pretty good ways for carries to deal with it.

Kalarepa

03-19-2013

I don't really understand this change. Warmog isn't really that strong. Imo, for example Sunfire is stronger, because it helps with pushing, tanking tower and AoE dmg is always great in ARAM.
If you ask me, even GA wouldn't be any close to OP in new ARAM. It received big nerf, plus "not dying" isn't as important here as it was in old SR ARAM.
Hell, even teleport/revive wouldn't be OP in new ARAM. Some changes are really outdated and people don't even understand, why certain things were OP in old SR ARAM, and why they aren't in new PG ARAM.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Warmog allows a champ to become really tanky, plus have solid HP5 relatively early in the game. It makes other defensive options fairly useless to be honest.

Riot screwed up itemization so badly that they remove/nerf warmog to give some semblance of having itemization. Now the tanky guys are simply gonna Stack a few giants belts and get a Locket.
However, that doesn't help with the health regen aspect.

Warmog gives 10 HP5 for every 1k health, which is otherwise difficult to achieve. Aegis helps some but only 1 of those can be active (2 if 2 players have it I guess). The other HP5 aura item sucks.
You cant stack Regrowth anymore nor turn them into anythign useful. Beads are too small to do a whole lot mid to lategame.
The path was also beneficial. Starting with 2 beads gave nice HP5 to start and were used by Mogs.

What this means is that Poke will become even stronger on the new map, barring some other change such as more free HP5 or whatever. Tanks will have to come up with other ways to regen health and tank up. We might see the double-aegis thing. Or the god-awful Banner of Command being used.

NoConsequnc3

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Warmog allows a champ to become really tanky, plus have solid HP5 relatively early in the game. It makes other defensive options fairly useless to be honest.

Warmog gives 10 HP5 for every 1k health, which is otherwise difficult to achieve. Aegis helps some but only 1 of those can be active (2 if 2 players have it I guess). The other HP5 aura item sucks.
You cant stack Regrowth anymore nor turn them into anythign useful. Beads are too small to do a whole lot mid to lategame.
The path was also beneficial. Starting with 2 beads gave nice HP5 to start and were used by Mogs.
You're actually commiting the Either/Or fallacy here.
You're saying that either we have warmogs and it's an issue or we get rid of it and be fine.
This isn't true because there are counters to warmogs in the way of both champions AND items. If you aren't building things like Liandy's Torment and Blade of the Ruined King versus people stacking health then that's an issue.

For example, you could be Mundo with 6 warmogs and his ult turned on and a vayne with BotRK will still destroy you.

My point is, warmogs is an issue, and that's a good thing.
More health is a defense of sorts against things like true damage, while things like BotRK and %based damage items are great against health.
This is an evolving game style that riot is FINALLY getting right. Please don't say this is bad.

QETCMMMover

03-19-2013

it will hurt for champs who have actual scaling with health like mundo and garen, but hopefully tanks will now buy actual team items instead of **** warmogs

NoConsequnc3

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QETCMMMover View Post
it will hurt for champs who have actual scaling with health like mundo and garen, but hopefully tanks will now buy actual team items instead of **** warmogs
Warmogs IS an actual item, what are you trying to imply?
Yes, there are some better items situationally, but all-in-all more health on anyone coupled with great HPregen isn't something to laugh at or indirectly call it not a real item.

GDBoliver

03-19-2013

I was giving it a little thought, and came up with a possible middle ground. What about an upgrade to the new horn. Maybe it plus Giant's belt for more HP and flat hp regen? Biggest gripe I hear is about the % health regen...

QETCMMMover

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoConsequnc3 View Post
Warmogs IS an actual item, what are you trying to imply?
Yes, there are some better items situationally, but all-in-all more health on anyone coupled with great HPregen isn't something to laugh at or indirectly call it not a real item.
there are better items to rush such as bulwark which will give your entire team armor mr and health regen, or randuins or frozen heart vs an ad heavy team.

some people just blindly rush warmogs when them staying alive with all the extra hp and no team support isnt that useful without the support from some of the above items as examples