Runic Bulwark

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

I have been using this in Dominion after many games looking at teammates builds and enemy builds, i see alot of people dont rush Armor pen items , i see very little Defense being played in dominion, so one day i was like if i got a champ who can use Runic bulwark it's the first thing i will rush because it will help the other 4 guys fighting around me ,

well i was right, i am seeing a big difference in teamfights when i rush Runic bulwark and its actually pretty simple to rush in Dominion so it doesn't feel like your gimping yourself early, soon enough you can go to Black-cleaver or Frozen mallet and do your damage, but i have noticed when i just get the Aegis(pre Bulwark) not only do we win early teamfights we are able to early on keep our turrets and stand our ground, stupid Nidalee Spears dont do as much Damage Aoe effects on turrets while there trying to take them do less damage, just overall anytime your in a teamfight you guys feel more durable, and thats just with the Aegis, if there really strong AP upgrade to the bulwark.

The best example i can give of how helpful this really can be was when i got nuked trying to take enemys mid i ran away with Jayce having maybe 200 HP ran to top that we owned they slowly went top with 2 guys by the time they got up there i had half my health back from the 10hp per 5 the bulark gives my teamate who was running top arrived as they did with half health on my turret bulwark giving teamate a buff we easly took 2v2 even though they had more health coming in.

i just think because so many people dont go MR or Armor Damage midigation Runic Bulwark can really help your team more than any other item you can buy for some Champions (tanks/bruisers)

Chezbayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

At low Elo in Dom people don't, but as you go up people usally have armor/Magic pen runes. And 90% of the time get armor pen or Magic pen, and the Bulwark is good as it's the one of the fer only real choice's you have for more of a pure tank for mr. If you are like alistar or leona then rushing a bulwark is fine, but out side tanks like that it's more worth it to grab some damage early.

Warmeat

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbayou View Post
At low Elo in Dom people don't, but as you go up people usally have armor/Magic pen runes. And 90% of the time get armor pen or Magic pen, and the Bulwark is good as it's the one of the fer only real choice's you have for more of a pure tank for mr. If you are like alistar or leona then rushing a bulwark is fine, but out side tanks like that it's more worth it to grab some damage early.
yea i i only do it cause like you said the players i play with dont, i dont think it would be as viable playing smarter players who see i built it and go armor pen vs whats going on now where they just build Sanguine/infinity Wooglets blindly

HaIfhearted

03-19-2013

Yeah, Runic Bulwark is easily one of the most powerful items in the game, and its highly underrated.