Add Proving Grounds Bots!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ama291

03-18-2013

I love to play the proving grounds to test out new builds, and I was wondering if riot could add the bot feature to the proving grounds for custom games because it would make training with new champs and testing out new builds much easier. Feel free to give feedback.

Zielmann

03-18-2013

I see no harm in this, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it any time soon. Perhaps it could be a future thing they roll out. It would take some time for them to get the AI set for the map, and they would have to find it worth the resources to do it.

That said, asking for it here is pretty much the only way for them to know if there is any demand for it at all, so it's good that you bring it up.

Boushiya

03-18-2013

I have to agree with Ziel. Although I think ARAM games tend to be a lot more chill, so I don't really see why you would want to play bots.

Zielmann

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushiya View Post
I have to agree with Ziel. Although I think ARAM games tend to be a lot more chill, so I don't really see why you would want to play bots.
Well, one thing that PG (and soon to be Howling Abyss) is good for is testing interactions with certain things, since you gain gold and level up faster, it's easier to go in and test something out real quick without needing to farm creeps or bots for a while to build up the gold and xp you want to do your test. Dominion is good for this as well, but if you want something that resembles more of a laning situation, PG would be better for it. Also, it's not always easy to predict where the bots will go on Dominion, making it harder to farm them or test things on them.

The Tbone

03-18-2013

All in due time

Youniverse

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
Well, one thing that PG (and soon to be Howling Abyss) is good for is testing interactions with certain things, since you gain gold and level up faster, it's easier to go in and test something out real quick without needing to farm creeps or bots for a while to build up the gold and xp you want to do your test. Dominion is good for this as well, but if you want something that resembles more of a laning situation, PG would be better for it. Also, it's not always easy to predict where the bots will go on Dominion, making it harder to farm them or test things on them.
If you want lane resemblance, there's summoner's rift. If you want to test out skills there's dominion. I can think of better ways for riot to spend their resources for the 2 people out there that want both.

Ama291

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
This is exactly why I want bots, you can't really test anything in a custom game and if you just play summoner's rift against bots, earning gold is just too slow.

magikod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

I wouldn't mind bots on proving grounds either.