Should Kass Be Perma Banned In DD Tournaments?

Yes 93 65.96%
No 48 34.04%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Want Kassadin To Be Perma Banned In DominateDominion Tournaments?

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

No. It's up to the 2nd pick team to remember to ban him either in the chat bans or in-game bans.If they forget ban him (like SR teams) it'll be a great learning experience for them and they'll remember to ban him next week.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

As much as i dislike kass players, i'm against this. For a riot sanctioned tournament, i feel that pulling out a champion starts off on a rough path. Because its not only kassadin that is considered OP, you have jayce, khazix, many would consider lulu and nid to be extremely strong if not OP, not to mention wukong and elise. I think amumu might deserve a mention in there too.

Thing is, we ALREADY have the extra chat bans to make it where we can get rid of some of these champions. The fact that the SR players don't know about kassadin shouldn't be an issue, if they played more than a couple of games of dominion, then they would KNOW. Instead they ban stuff like miss fortune and heimerdinger. Even if we just take the most egregious champs, then the chat bans are probably enough to take care of them. But you are still left with a lot of strong champs, but thats OK, thats the way that it works. Some champs are going to be picked higher than others, some are stronger because its not balanced around dominion.

the most i think we should consider is adding a couple chat bans. but i dont even really think thats necessary

Orphane

03-18-2013

I mean...the entire point of draft tournies is to make the team comping via picks and bans as important as actually playing the game. Why draft at all if people are just going to get lazy and demand that Kass be on permaban?

Nyx87

03-18-2013

No. no no no no no no no no no no no a thousand times no.

Quote:
No. Kassadin presence, at the very least, forces the 2nd pick team captains to pay extra attention in a setting where his team already has a massive pick advantage (gets 2 OPs, bot lane counter pick).
This perfectly sums it up. 2nd pick has an advantage already. Not to mention the kind of precedent you are setting is ridiculous. We already have 5 bans per team as well.

Koravel

03-18-2013

I did not consider that second pick actually has the advantage. After further thought, I think I agree with InFeed and Konf. If the second captain sets it up correctly, they can leave 3 very strong champs open, thus giving them a 2 to 1 advantage. My intention is in no way to give FTV a leg up on PECS or anything like that. It's primarily the first round that I was concerned about.

I don't think the argument of other OPs holds any water, we all know that Kass is way above and beyond those champs.

It's not even that a newb team that came in would not get stomped if the other team was forced not to use Kass. It just feels... wrong to me. Not in a moral sense or anything, but in an unsportsmanlike sense. Perhaps modify the rule so that it only affects round 1? Assuming that anyone who gets past round 1 gets what is coming to them if they still don't know not to ban Kassadin.

TempNam325rwe5

03-18-2013

I'm not voting because I see both sides. Yes, with extra bans as is, teams have the opportunity to ban him. Fair enough, but Riot's admitted and the community laments Kassadin as overpowered and is in need of fixing. I wish that IF this were to motion carried, it were even more of a wake-up call to Riot about it being a serious issue, however, it's not going to fix the issue--or the map.

On the topic, when's DD going to ban purposefully abusing respawn timers? I feel it's even more pollutant than Kassadin. It's impossible to prove decisively anyone abusing it, but it promotes an even staler meta. Until the balance of both Kassadin and death timers are addressed, I don't think Dominion's going to be popular, balanced or fun. #RiotNome #pls

Koravel

03-18-2013

I don't think we can do anything about death timers except accept them as part of the mode. There is no way to prove anything and it would set up for a lot of bad blood, which is the last thing we need.

WaterD103

03-18-2013

I think it's ok if it returns to 3 bans per side instead of the crazy 5

BuddhaRice

03-18-2013

This is not a required condition to have fun or play "fair" in DD tourneys; refer to konf and infeed's posts.

The upgrade to 10 bans total from 6 bans was actually needed. This, on the other hand, will not be as necessary since it allows for strategic counter play.

Bootystrap

03-18-2013

Don't do it. This is a sanctioned tournament by Riot, and although getting things down ourselves ( about balancing, draft) is great and all...This would send the wrong message.

123456 ... 9