Would you like to see this champion in League of Legends

Yes! Sketch sounds Awesome! 22 91.67%
Meh... he could use some work... 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Sketch, The Inspiration Incarnate (With Concept Art)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killius

03-18-2013

Sketch - The Inspiration Incarnate

He is meant to be an AP focused champion in the melee range. His kit is fairly balanced and straight forward while "drawing" from some of the more fun to execute move sets that already exist and adding a few tricks of his own that could really spice up the late game team fights. And a passive that is very anti-jungler.

Fairly new to LoL just reached level 30, while playing I had a few ideas bounce around in my head, hoping there would be a place to share these ideas I found these forums. Browsing through I saw a few champions similar to mine and almost was swayed not to post him but I figured hey what do I have to lose.

Lore - Deep in the bowels of the Noxus under city there stirred a mad man who was growing tired and listless of his failed creations and fizzled spells. He set out to create a creation to end all, an amalgam muse that would inspire him to and endless degree. And finally give him the ability to create the strongest spells and most veracious war machines and land him in the high courts of Noxus. For months this mad man tinkered and stirred endlessly barely resting, reaching near fatal exhaustion he had completed what he thought would be the answer to all his problems. A humanoid automation wielding an over sized paintbrush with the ability to create and inspire but desire nothing... alas there was no life to this creature only thrashing wildly for a few seconds before collapsing into a crumpled mess upon the floor. Where had he gone wrong? Nearly destroying his entire workshop in frustration the mad man had a moment of clarity, a way to ensure his creation would have life beyond life. He would use the head of Famed artist Skaron Etcher... the only problem Skaron was still attached to that head of his. A small obstacle for one so determined to carve out his own fate. After "liberating" Skaron from his head his work was complete. But he had not counted on one thing, with addition of a human head came desire, and a lingering thirst for revenge. Upon casting the animation spell the creature known as Sketch was born into this world, taking up his brush he quickly slew the madman painting the halls of his workshop red with own blood. On the surface he razed a path of terror until being apprehended by Noxus military not knowing how treat someone who clearly was not knowledgeable of his crimes they suggested turning his blood lust into a useful tool. Thus he was handed over to League Magi and joined the League of Legends.

Skills - Now I'm more the creative type moreover than the mathematical type so not all the numbers here may be not balanced and I welcome suggestions in that regard.

Passive - Wet Paint - Whenever an enemy champion comes in contact with Sketch's paint it leave his target marked with wet paint for 5 seconds. While champions are marked with wet paint they leave a trail of paint where ever they step and take more damage from Sketch's basic attacks.

*Designed to track foes as they try to flee into area's where you may not have complete vision and mark jungler's to give your team warning of where they may be approaching from.

*The mark appears as a paint droplet above marked Champions and the trail is small footstep paint marks upon the ground.

Q - Sweeping Stroke - Sketch hops off his giant brush and spins in a circle dealing damage in the area around him. Champions hit with the brush are marked with wet paint.

*The targeting effect would be similar to that of Darius' spinning axe attack only working in reverse where those in range of the bristles would take less damage than those struck by the brush handle, but are marked with wet paint.

W - Inksplosion - Sketch leans back on his brush and shakes a bottle of ink until he releases it at the targeted area, when the bottle reaches it's destination it explodes dealing AOE damage and blinding champions for 1.5 seconds, and marking them with wet paint.

*Targeting effect is similar to a combination of a Lux or Gragas AOE with the charging of range much like that of a Varus arrow shot.

*Vision reduced like a Graves smoke grenade or Quinn hawk attack

E - Abstract Stroke - Sketch dashes forward on his brush knocking enemies aside, dealing damage and leaving a streak of paint behind him. It may be cast up to 3 times before going on cooldown. Foes who walk through the trails of paint have their movement speed reduced for 2 seconds and are marked with wet paint.

*Casting similar to Ahri's ultimate in range and 3x cast ability but does not travel through walls.

*Designed to quickly position yourself in team fights, move through the jungle or to create slowing traps in perhaps a zig-zag fashion through the lane, the fun would be in seeing how players creatively use the abstract stroke to turn the tide in team fights or enable chases

R - Ultimate - Family Portrait Sketch marks a large area on the ground, Enemy champions caught in the area are stunned by a flash for 1.5 seconds. Ally champions have an ink clone made of them that lasts for 15 seconds or until destroyed. Clones do no damage. Alt + Right click to control Ink Clones.

*Area of targeting about the same size as Pantheon's ultimate with a similar delay to allow for people to react both friends and foes.

*Ink Clones would appear as regular champions to the enemy this is done to create confusion in team fights as well as allow a champion who is being focused to escape while the enemy strikes the Ink Clone instead. As well as creating massive shift opportunities with a large AOE stun.

I will update with exact numbers soon, and any and all feedback is welcome. As some may be able to tell I drew inspiration from 6 from 9 for his appearance, mind the bad artwork it was a hastily drawn sketch.

Edit 1 - [03-27-2013] - Changed passive parameters to apply wet paint when they are hit by certain abilities rather than all auto attacks and abilities. Changed wording of Q,W,E to reflect those changes. Also added a passive damage increase to those marked with wet paint. No numbers as yet. Also clarified in notation on Abstract Stroke that it will not carry through walls and added original creation notes in comments to give the players an idea of how the abilities may look through animation. Keep the ideas coming, more revisions coming soon.

Killius

03-18-2013

Sketch of Sketch

MilkusWolfus

03-18-2013

[Q] Sweeping stroke should only apply wet paint if hit by brush to be a little more dynamic.

Killius

03-20-2013

I like that, that idea it makes having that targeting worthwhile

Killius

03-20-2013

So perhaps having the passive changed to just basic attacks and having the paint streaks from abstract apply wet paint too.

MilkusWolfus

03-20-2013

Sounds good.

Killius

03-20-2013

I would still like to see someones take on the number side of things here, as I stated more of the creator type rather than mathematical... or even more feedback on how players would use these skills, more or less power... too much CC and so on.

muppetslapped

03-20-2013

I like the idea of a mage who deals magic damage with basic attacks, one thing I think would be neat is if these paint trails wouldshow up on the minimap???

Killius

03-20-2013

I think implementing that would be a little heavy on the mini map as is and perhaps too much of an advantage. But I like where this is going

PeachPies

03-20-2013

This is the best concept I have seen on this forum yet! Riot, you need to make this a real character! I would play him like crazy...