Mac Mouse Accuracy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WesRocks360

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

So ive played LoL on bootcamp since i got my new iMac. And switching between Mac and Windows ive realized that while in windows my accuracy seems better. I have a razer deathadder and use the same settings on each. can anyone help me out

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-17-2013

By default the mac client uses hardware mouse acceleration, and as such works like it does in every other mac app. If you'd like your mouse to work as in windows, follow the instructions below to change to software mouse. You'll lose a little frame-rate, but its not bad.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...-Mouse-Options

TheHeroOfHeaven

03-19-2013

Haven't tried the solution Dataslave gave, but my problems were solved with this: http://skella.com.au/how-to-permanen...n-in-mac-os-x/

Need to try Riot's solution anyway.

WesRocks360

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

tried riot's solution didnt help

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesRocks360 View Post
tried riot's solution didnt help
Sorry to hear that. It could be that your mouse has some software installed under windows that's changing the dpi settings, and you don't have the equivalent set on the mac. I honestly don't know, I've never used that particular brand of mouse.

That said, I used to switch between mac lol and windows lol quite a bit, and I remember the momentary frustration of the mouse tracking being different. That said, we're very adaptable creatures, and its very possible to re-learn LoL with different mouse tracking in a few minutes to hours. It usually took me about 5 minutes before I felt comfortable after an OS switch, and I did it often.

If you intend to stay with the mac client for most of your LoL gaming, I'd say your best bet is to try enabling the software mouse and getting the speed slider to a decent spot similar to what you're used to. After that, just play games. Lots of games. You should have no problem adapting.

canopy

03-22-2013

I've had the same problem OP is having. I know it's simply switching the operating systems as my mouse works differently on the two OS's with or without playing League. I'll have to try that link listed. Thanks!

BananaUyoo

09-08-2013

if you are used to the PC acceleration, you should consider getting this: http://smoothmouse.com/

Once you open it in your System Preferences, you can adjust your mouse settings so they are "Like in Windows."

Let me know how it goes for you!

TheRoadstar

10-30-2013

I've tried Riot's software mouse mode and found it to be useless. I've tried an algorithm that disables mouse acceleration and also a third-party app. None of them fixed the problem. The mouse performs inconsistently due to unwanted acceleration. If I move the mouse an inch in a second as compared to an inch in .1 seconds, the distance it moves across the screen is radically different. This doesn't only happen in League, but in other games as well.

I will give some of these suggestions a try. Honestly, I'd given up on the Mac client.

Vlad Alexa

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadstar View Post
I've tried Riot's software mouse mode and found it to be useless. I've tried and algorithm that disables mouse acceleration and also a third-party app. None of them fixed the problem. The mouse performs inconsistently due to unwanted acceleration. If I move the mouse an inch in a second as compared to an inch in .1 seconds, the distance it moves across the screen is radically different. This doesn't only happen in League, but in other games as well.

I will give some of these suggestions a try. Honestly, I'd given up on the Mac client.
Your statements seem factually false since using riot's software mouse feature disables all acceleration by the operating system, also third party apps can not really totally disable it system-wide, they are just half-asssed hacks.

TheRoadstar

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Alexa View Post
Your statements seem factually false since using riot's software mouse feature disables all acceleration by the operating system, also third party apps can not really totally disable it system-wide, they are just half-asssed hacks.
Interesting little rude post you've made there, and also a completely false one. Have a good day.