How do I leave bronze 1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1mHighAsAKite

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavo View Post
Also keep in mind that statistically speaking, everyone has to deal with trolls and afks. They will not have an overall impact on your standings that is greater than your performance. They might set you back a few games at times, but in the long run you will generally end up where you belong. Just remember that climbing the ladder is something that is done over the course of the entire season, and over several seasons, not just a couple of weeks.
Basically what he's saying here is the whole "Elo Hell" doesn't really exist thing, and that if you're good enough, you'll advance in spite of your teammates.
Well yes, if you're good enough, eventually you will advance in spite of your teammates, but realistically, you have to play many, many games for this to help you. In the short term you just have to be lucky.
Finding a good duo partner should really help your odds as well.
Or you just have to be much, much, much better than everyone else in which case you should advance fairly quickly.

Stacey is a LORD

03-19-2013

Keep trying or die failing

RlLEY FREEMAN

03-19-2013

I seem to be getting the same response from everybody as to what I have to do, but then i go in game and get teams that are impossible to carry. I have a solid duo partner who is in silver and also deserves to be alot higher than he is, but even we cant carry together. Only so much 2 can do vs 5

Selcopa

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman5layer View Post
I seem to be getting the same response from everybody as to what I have to do, but then i go in game and get teams that are impossible to carry. I have a solid duo partner who is in silver and also deserves to be alot higher than he is, but even we cant carry together. Only so much 2 can do vs 5
They are not impossible to carry, you simply are unable to see windows of opportunity that create more edges for your team.

Consult in higher elo players than yourself to discover windows, as well as review your replays.

sepetaiya

03-20-2013

to the OP - the game is mostly about luck with teamates.

dont listen to selcopa. higher elo is the same as lower. every game is different. so is every team fight situation.

all you can do is play your best, have fun, use charisma to lead trolls into being teamates and you will rise to silver. i believe you when you say 85% of losses aren't your fault. most of those games you couldn't have 'carried' to a win, but could you have 'charismaed' to a win?

ive seen silver 1 since the new system came out. i know how you feel.

Selcopa

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepetaiya View Post
to the OP - the game is mostly about luck with teamates.

dont listen to selcopa. higher elo is the same as lower. every game is different. so is every team fight situation.

all you can do is play your best, have fun, use charisma to lead trolls into being teamates and you will rise to silver. i believe you when you say 85% of losses aren't your fault. most of those games you couldn't have 'carried' to a win, but could you have 'charismaed' to a win?

ive seen silver 1 since the new system came out. i know how you feel.
Out of curiosity, I've played at least 1000 games at your elo(if you count last season)

How many games have you played at my elo?

You seem to talk about all these games but have you actually even played 100 games in 1900 to understand the advanced level of complexity they hold? I don't think you would even make it 100 games.

As far as "85% of games aren't your fault", while they may not be your fault the MOST, you certainly could have done more to win the game, so much so, that most of those games, you could have influenced the game(you PERSONALLY) to turn it from a loss to a win, so while it "wasn't your fault" that you lost, it was your fault that you didn't win.

ArisColdsac

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman5layer View Post
S3 is way easier to climb elo than S2. I have several friends got to gold when they should stayed in bronze based on their skills.
Like what I told you earlier, just practice a couple of champions based on your role and try to excel in them. IF you stayed with your 2.0 ish KDA, you will never climb up.
Also, try not to duo with a friend who has significant higher elo than you, that will make your game harder as the enemy's average skill level will be higher than your teams and if your higher-elo friend can't destroy his lane (I really mean destroy), it would be hard for you to win.

Cavo

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mHighAsAKite View Post
Basically what he's saying here is the whole "Elo Hell" doesn't really exist thing, and that if you're good enough, you'll advance in spite of your teammates.
Well, sort of. If you're good enough you'll advance in spite of your teammates, this is true up to a certain point, but that point doesn't become apparent until at least gold. Elo hell definiteyl does exist however. It's because such a wide range of players with different skill level are being put into bronze and silver. Bronze is basically everyone from the 50th percentile to the 99th. Silver is roughly everyone from the 15th percentile up to the 50th. So when you see a lot of the better silver players playing against the worse silver players there is a huge disparity in skill. It's even worse in Bronze. This is what causes a lot of bronze and silver players to believe that they belong in Gold, and I've seen some say they deserve Platinum, which they do not.
The reason the games are better and more competitive the higher you go is because the number of people in each tier drops greatly, allowing for a much smaller disparity in skill. For instance, platinum I is roughly the top .5% of players, and platinum V is roughly the top 1.5%. This means that roughly everyone in platinum is within that 1% of players. Obviously there are still feeders and people who have insanely good games, but that's because LoL is a game of snowballing. Anyways, the point I was trying to make before I started ranting is that elo hell definitely exists, but that doesn't mean you deserve to be out of it just because you do really well some games.

l Quixotic l

03-20-2013

Add me, im working on an account right now, that everytime i get it to 93, 98, or 88 points in B1 i suddenly find the stupidest people playing this game.

Selcopa

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArisColdsac View Post
S3 is way easier to climb elo than S2. I have several friends got to gold when they should stayed in bronze based on their skills.
Like what I told you earlier, just practice a couple of champions based on your role and try to excel in them. IF you stayed with your 2.0 ish KDA, you will never climb up.
Also, try not to duo with a friend who has significant higher elo than you, that will make your game harder as the enemy's average skill level will be higher than your teams and if your higher-elo friend can't destroy his lane (I really mean destroy), it would be hard for you to win.
More players are playing ranked this season, average skill level has gone down, ergo its easier to achieve gold than past season.