[Guide] Assassadin: The New Standard For Void Walker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deaths Envoy

12-05-2009

Once the patch came out I had been trying out new builds with kassadin involving deathfire grasp and its been great so far. My favorite so far has been rushing deathfire first and if I can get atleast 1 kill early game I can usualy get deathfire by the time I am 6 or 7. I did this a few games where me and a friend played together me kassadin and him ryze and we dominated so much early game once we hit 6. between the regular burst fire and adding deathfire to it with ryze stun and burst as well it makes a team combo.

The only downside is that you wont have boots early so you will be slower than most of your enemies. Using ignite sounds pretty good for a combo so next time around I am going to try it out. I am still tweaking my current build but at the moment I am using this as the first part of build

kage's lucky pick
Fiendish codex
deathfire grasp - when playing alone will wait for boots then get deathfire.
Sorc boots
Rod of Ages

with the next set of my items depending on how the game is turning out and if i need more survivability, magic pen, or whatever suits my needs most.

DoctorZoidberg

12-05-2009

good guide i tried it out and it seems to be working awesome!

JunkRamen

12-05-2009

I tried this out for a few games and now I realize I shouldn't have doubted you. The build is pretty cheap and very strong, awesome.

Dahras

12-05-2009

Thank you very much Senate, I was wondering how the patch would effect the old build, and your new guide is really helping me transition.

On that note, The Senate of Adjudicator!

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

Added a big quote of text at the bottom to help transitional Kassadin players.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Updating the old guide has been on my mind, I think at some point I'll make a mega-thread that has all forms of Kassadin build I can think off.

JJMarch

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Added a big quote of text at the bottom to help transitional Kassadin players.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Updating the old guide has been on my mind, I think at some point I'll make a mega-thread that has all forms of Kassadin build I can think off.
I used your item build during my last game and it works like a charm. We lost but I was racking up kills the entire game.

On a side note is there a way to make Deathfire bound to a key? Sorry if this question has been asked a lot.

Overall simple but great guide.

Tarion

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMarch View Post
On a side note is there a way to make Deathfire bound to a key? Sorry if this question has been asked a lot.
Its amazing how many people don't know this - Your items are bound to keys 1-6. Deathfire will be anywhere between 2 and 4, if you follow this guide exactly, based on how you use your potions. For me, it has been 3 consistently.

JJMarch

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
Its amazing how many people don't know this - Your items are bound to keys 1-6. Deathfire will be anywhere between 2 and 4, if you follow this guide exactly, based on how you use your potions. For me, it has been 3 consistently.
Thanks that will help. I guess I didn't really care about item key bindings before even if they existed because the only active items I used were potions.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
Thanks. Will give this a go. Ignite took me by surprise a bit. I assume you use it early game as much as possible for the 10 free AP?

As for Chalice > Catalyst, its an interesting thing. Makes sense, given the nerfs to Cat, and I think it was probably even viable before them. It works best for characters who can burn through their Mana, and none do it better than Kass.
Everyone gets catalyst, even after the nerf it's still extremely powerful.

Chalice cant help you in longer fights. Regen sucks compared to raw mana.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Everyone gets catalyst, even after the nerf it's still extremely powerful.

Chalice cant help you in longer fights. Regen sucks compared to raw mana.
Nerfed Catalyst + Nerfed Soulstealer = Chalice > Catalyst.

Catalyst was fine when you had Soulstealer to fall back on to keep you in the fight for the late game. Deathfire Grasp gives you mana regen. There's no reason NOT to buy Deathfire Grasp for Kassadin. That mana regen is made awesome useful with Chalice.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still go Catalyst part of the time, if I need to build Kassadin as a late game AP/Tank/Carry, had the luxury of maxing out current Soulstealer and keeping priority on the Golem buff.

Chalice + Deathfire keeps Kassadin in the fight. I say so by in game experience.