Failed to connect; "firewall" error

1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jupiter Trooper

03-17-2013

Here's what's happening:

http://imgur.com/1FfaoCl

I don't have any firewall activated what-so-ever. I deactivated AVG security, restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, attempted to port-forward LoL, restarted my modem & router and ran a system scan for any registry errors of any kind. Absolutely NOTHING has worked.

I'm irritated and tired of this repetitive BS. Help, please.

Icypolefreak

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dædelust View Post
Here's what's happening:

http://imgur.com/1FfaoCl

I don't have any firewall activated what-so-ever. I deactivated AVG security, restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, attempted to port-forward LoL, restarted my modem & router and ran a system scan for any registry errors of any kind. Absolutely NOTHING has worked.

I'm irritated and tired of this repetitive BS. Help, please.
haaavvee you disabled Lol Record? and are you having High lag on any other games?

Square7

03-21-2013

same problem.
every few games I get the same firewall error. I dont run a firewall, nor an antivirus. Its puzzling.
A lot of the time i cant get back into LOL until my game is over. And im classified as a "Leave" in match history. Other times, restarting my modem works which takes forever, when I get back in im 5 levels down and a whole bunch of cs. I end up losing the match, and get reported by my team. Only a matter of time before I'm banned. Its pretty pathetic and frankly its pissing me off.
It needs a fix, and all the forums ive tried doesnt have a definite answer.

tonorian

03-21-2013

how do u guys still not kno its on riots end not urs they need to fix there isp which will never happen

RoffleCake

03-25-2013

+1 this post, same problem here, turned off all windows firewall and AV and doesn't seem to be helping. The issue is that it does not happen every game, maybe once per 5 games for me, with no pattern, and hard to reproduce the issue. If it's a firewall issue it should have the same issue all the time, but it does not. The ban and picks goes through normally on the "browser" client, but the game client itself will not load and prompt that black screen with failed to connect, firewall ____. It's not the internet connection because logging back in the pvp.net works (back to the reconnect to game screen), but pressing reconnect to game brings back the black screen with the error message.

John Hershey

07-26-2013

I have disabled all windows firewalls disabled my antivirus. I have even when in to my router's configuration to make sure there was nothing blocking it. So i'm sure that it is Riot's fault.

RottedApples

07-26-2013

I had this issue the other day for no reason. i just hit cancel and clicked lol again then re-logged and it was fine

PootPoot Penguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icypolefreak View Post
haaavvee you disabled Lol Record? and are you having High lag on any other games?
How would you do that? I'm willing to try anything.

Mythans

Senior Recruiter

08-05-2013

I'm having the same trouble right now.. Nothing in the background.

StickyStallion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

just happened to me in a normal and cant reconnect need a fix plz, i also got a friend to log on to league on the same computer and it worked fine for him. so its something to do with ur account.

1234511 ... 33