Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Games Presents: Battle Training

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnxiusFelis

11-03-2010

This tutorial isn't accurate, someone is using soroka.

PsychoSim

11-03-2010

Great addition to the game, Riot. I'm looking forward to this feature evolving.

ReadInPeace

11-03-2010

Truly excellent, great job!

I tried it (you can after you finish a tutorial). At least, I could, now it acts wonky, crashing and stuff.

Some feedback:

I couldn't finish it, because my PC froze when I was about to get killed by Baron (despite the game telling me to leave him alone, but I wanted to suicide). This might be a bug.

I like the sounds when you receive or complete a quest, and the case-sensitive tips. Maybe you could make it so there's a checkbox for disabling any future tips popping up on the same subject (like your minions are low HP near a tower, or you pushed ahead of them alone), because I can imagine it getting annoying.

An objective log would be nice. Lot of RTSes have this. Something to keep track of completed and current 'quests'. Include their explanation and details, so players can check back on them should they forget something.

I don't know if this is in, since it crashed, but introducing wards to the players would be really nice.

Props on the bots! Shen ulted low HP Soraka like a pro, Sivir got ganked by Nasus and Yi several times, and I was stopped dead in my tracks by the Malphite-Sivir duo. They are more careful, use abilities, even ultis (although Malphite and Annie seem not to do so), and feel more intelligent.

Overall, I'm looking forward to you improving this training mode, and introducing more exciting stuff!

(To all the Ashe rec. build naysayers: Ashe only needs an Edge and boots to melt faces, so what other items you get is kind of a moot point. Her rec. build is geared towards kiting (movespeed and mana drain), which she excels at. It's a solid build, stop whining.)

BeastMode

11-03-2010

Quote:
RitualFamine:
Lol@ "Malphite Yi" bot.

If you break his rock shell, does he turn into Master Yi?

first thing i noticed. i lol'd

Polaritie

Recruiter

11-03-2010

Good to hear!

Items I hope to see in the curriculum:

Last hitting
Ganking
Harassing
Jungling
Kiting
Denying

Some of these may need theory articles written though, since the advantages aren't exactly obvious.

Xetto

Recruiter

11-03-2010

liking this. it's an innovative step. wish it was around when i started though. *remembers nub days* lol

Anon17

11-03-2010

I played this last night, should be really good for new players. I love how when you dive into a turret it freezes you and says WATCH OUT. I enjoyed playing against Malphite Bot. He had a very good strategy (stand their till you hit him, then throw a shard and run away)

Lilsmokey2

11-03-2010

I feel as if the level 30's i get que'd with will need this more than the first timers.

IICrows ZeroII

11-03-2010

Exellent.

Thumbs up!

Xetto

Recruiter

11-03-2010

Quote:
Lilsmokey2:
I feel as if the level 30's i get que'd with will need this more than the first timers.

seeing some lvl. 30's play....i'll have to agree with you on that one. mmmmhmm