The Three Teamcomps of ABAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

03-17-2013

1) The Poker Face. This team wins by beating you down mercilessly with seemingly infinite poke. BOOM! Half your health in as little as a second. Did I mention they have 5 people like that on their team? They usually peak early game to early mid game, and really cause havoc as people are continually sniped off. The fall off late game as people become tanky, but they can still ruin your day if they took a commanding lead. They win against heal comps early game but lose midgame, and win against all-in comps unless the opponents get 5-6 completed items. (Win all-in, lose heal) Commonly seen champs: Nidalee, Jayce, Lux, Xerath, Ezreal, Varus, Fiddlesticks

2) Medicine Men. This team seeks to control the battlefield by supplying stupid amounts of heals. STUPID. Probably the worst to play against IMO. The suck early on as their heals have high CDs and don't have the AP to be awesome yet, but GODAMIT when midgame hits your head explodes. Oh 10% health? Let's just add a zero on there to make it 100%. Oh you wanted to poke me? HAHAHA NEWBS. Oh hai look we are going to kill her! NOPE HAHA YOU LITTLE SHMUCKS FULL HEALTH! Usually have some elements of poke in them too, although not as much as a dedicated poke team. Usually about 3-4 healers and an AD carry (add a tank if 3 healers). They generally win against poke comps (because f*** your damage) and lose to all-in teams as who cares how much you heal, we have 3x your damage. (Win poke teams, lose to all-in teams) Commonly seen champs: Nidalee, Sona, Taric, Alistar, Karma, Nami, Kayle, Soraka

3) I'm All In. This team seeks to win by going all out every engagement. They are really variable in power level, and usually are quite good early game, suck midgame, and rock lategame. They want the people with high base damages, people who are disruptive, people who are "do or die" (hint hint). They want to engage every chance they can, and many team compositions require special catalysts to start the fight. Usually it requires 1-2 of these catalysts, with the other three able to pump out more damage than expected. They lose against dedicated poke comps because you can't initiate on what you can't touch, but destroy heal teams because of the amount of damage they can do and can start fights if you don't have over 1000 range. (Lose to poke, win against heal) Commonly seen champs: Blitzcrank, Darius, Thresh, Nautilus, Alistar, Garen, Karthus, Anivia, Olaf

Now, having a winning team comp really doesn't mean THAT much. It usually means that if people are equal skill, you might have AT MOST a 7-3 matchup, if not the general 6-4 matchup. And yes, this depends a lot on skill, all-in teams do remarkable well against idiots as do poke teams (are you seriously trying to run into Nid's spear!?).

If you have any more team comps, I'd be willing to put them up here but this is what I have found after hundreds of ABAMs. Hope to see you on the fields of Justice my friends!

EDIT: There are other teams people have submitted, and while niche they can sometimes have unexpected and fantastic results.

Krowd Killing Machine
: They force everyone on your team into a really bad spot due to massive amounts of CC. This is more of a specific version of the "all-in" team, but needs to be mentioned nonetheless. Common champs: Zyra, Nautilus, Lux, Leona, Swain, Lulu, Amumu, Darius, Jarvan, Blitzcrank

Clear The Way!: Oh you wanted to push? Or just get out from underneath your tower? This team seeks to dominate the game by constantly pushing and having some of the greatest defenders so even if it is 1v5 they can still do an admirable job defending. This works best with poke comps, but it isn't limited to them. Basically anyone who can farm at a great distance or blow up waves so fast at a decent distance fir this category. Common champs: Heimerdinger, Janna, Lux, Anivia, Jayce, Cassiopeia, Galio, AP Nasus, Maokai, Morgana, Olaf, Syndra, Xerath

Beravin

03-17-2013

How about the "balanced team"? Have a strong initiator like Wukong or Maokai, throw in some late game, get a strong poker, a support, a bruiser etc. If anything, a well rounded team seems to work best in my ABAM experience.

But, of course, it'll come down to player skill and experience more than anything else.

NautiusVitaria

03-17-2013

There is also the CC team that basically makes your life hell once you're caught.
(Zyra, Nautilus, Morg, Kennen, Leona, Swain, Lulu, Rammus etc.)

I know Heim is also a popular choice but I dont know where he'd stand. Maybe a new team comp: Bush Hell, featuring: Caitlyn, Zyra, Heim, Shaco, Teemo. (although to be honest this team comp isn't very effective i don't think)

Don't forget to add Sion and Mord to you Medicine men list. They are virtually invincible late game.

Other "All In" champs would be xin zhao and Leona, which I find quite often

HaIfhearted

03-17-2013

There's also novelty stuff.

One of my ARAM groups was having fun with a Talon/Zilean/Lulu combo the other night.

Talon would call for "the buttons", then Zil and Lulu would put their buffs on him and speed him on his way, and he'd run at the enemy team with >600 movespeed and his Youmus blazing and start ripping people to shreds with all his aoe.

It doesn't work quite as well against tankier stuff, but goddamn did we terrorize squishies.