on AFKs/Leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gear

03-16-2013

Something like 7 of the last 10 Twisted Treeline games I've played with randoms has had at least one AFK in the game, with the larger amount being on my team. I realize that last fragment is simply due to horrible unluckiness, but it's really getting on my nerves.

I've resorted to almost solely playing Mordekaiser in the hopes that it would at least give my bunker-mate (I say this for the visualization of a thematic war where we're getting bombed and our 're-enforcements' are getting coffee back at base) and myself a slight chance at actually winning a game. But it doesn't matter how much I push, how many minions I get (champion or otherwise), or how many rage potions I buy to take towers-- the simple fact that my team is outnumbered is such a massive handicap that the game is almost guaranteed to be a loss. It's too easy to turtle and cs.

I just, ugh, my jimmies are on maximum rustle right now. With old Twisted Treeline, I could wait until they pushed *a little bit* too far and flash over the wall and finish off the nexus. With the new 'beta,' you actually have to win a fight to push out and win, which (I'm going to restate the futility of this again) is highly unlikely with a consistent 2v3.

I've seen too many people leave for silly reasons that they could have prevented like, for example, having to go to work. Management of their time is effectively wasting two other peoples' as well. I'm sick of it and I'm about ready to quit playing with randoms. (I'd connect the subjects of anonymity and irresponsibility here, but I doubt you'd want to read more of my ranting.)

tl;dr: Don't AFK in Twisted Treeline. The enemy can still slip up. If you have to go because of something in your personal life then, in the future, get it sorted out before-hand. Good time-management will go a long way.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Good luck in soloqueue.
~Gear

Skull Kid239

03-16-2013

just out of curiousity, what's morde have to do with this? Is he a 2v3 god or something?

Gear

03-17-2013

Basically, using Mordekaiser's ult allows you to turn a 2v3 into a 3v2, should you get a kill. The presence of his ult is much higher in Twisted Treeline than in Summoners' Rift simply because of the team sizes. (Turning a 3v3 into a 4v2 is much more devastating than turning a 5v5 into 6v4.)