Riot please make a queue for BlindpickAM not just ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cft24

03-16-2013

I love the proving grounds but I hate random....kinda sad to see the new queue is exclusively ARAM...

cft24

03-16-2013

I mean, if I could remove the champs that I don't like but bought from my account, I would (although that still leaves free champs)

ericl85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

I would love to see a Draft queue over a Blind queue. It allows players to choose the champs they want to play, without seeing Lux, Nid, Jayce in every game. But I agree, please add more matchmaking options!

JevelFaithful

03-16-2013

At the saem time, I think they realise this map is not exactly balanced or serious. And a queue seem to be more job than just the code* (if you trust a post made not too long ago, sorry I lost it).
I think if you want a blind/draft team fight mode, SR is still the way to go. Rejoice tought, because there is no mode that gives that option, that means customs will keep giving it.

* Essentially there's some server problems like the strain from influx of new player, load from having to match players, especially with a new ELO for that queue. If they do it, they don't want their efforts to go in vain and the queue to be deserted. I think a ABlindAM map is just in a weird position between fun (aram) and organised (SR).

Zielmann

03-16-2013

ABAM and ADAM just aren't nearly as popular as ARAM is. You'll always be able to still play ABAM and ADAM all you want in custom games, and the handful of other people who prefer those modes will be there playing them, too. It's not like you're losing your ability to play these modes. Let's be honest here. Look through the custom game list at any given time. During slow times, the custom games list still seems to be ~50% Proving Grounds matches. And a relatively small amount of those games are actually ABAM/ADAM. And when you look at the list on busier times, the number of available ARAMs just explodes.

Also, one of the biggest reasons that ARAM needs the queue is to help with the queue dodging (so dodge penalties are a thing). Frankly, these shouldn't be happening in ABAM or ADAM due to their very nature.

It's always neat to see other ideas for game modes on the map. But realistically, Riot can't implement all of them. ARAM has been a pretty popular game mode for a couple years now. And that popularity seemed to increase pretty drastically when the PG map was released for the game. It actually became worth Riot's time and assets to look into creating a queue for the game mode. These other ideas for non-ARAM custom modes on the map just don't have the same amount of interest behind them to be worth the work to create and maintain them.

Creating an additional queue isn't a trivial thing. It's more than just copying the code from another queue over. They need to plan how to set up the UI in the client. They need to consider what impacts it will have to the other queues. They need to figure out how much IP to give for the game (to keep it balanced so that IP gain is equally efficient on the map. They'll now have a new hidden Elo to store for each player. Across every player in the game, that becomes quite a bit of data to handle.

KaXaSA51

03-16-2013

draft would be welcome but 3 queues just for Howling Abyss isn't a good idea and I don't feel like blind fits in this map... at least in draft you can ban / counter pick

ericl85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
Also, one of the biggest reasons that ARAM needs the queue is to help with the queue dodging (so dodge penalties are a thing). Frankly, these shouldn't be happening in ABAM or ADAM due to their very nature.
Actually, as an ADAM player, I can tell you that dodging is commonplace and very frequent in ADAMs. I would say there are just as many, if not more dodges in ADAMs compared to ARAMs.