Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The wait is over :) (ARAM an official queue)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Depherson

03-20-2013

Its the sustain that made warmogs great for bruisers though. Every other item is great for tanking/beefy, you're right. However you cant go sit and regen and now have become simple fodder as a melee facing a full team of poke due to not being able to regen in a decent time.

This will make it baned in 75% of the game types that will you will be able to queue for, get rid of it at that point imo.

Qsario

03-20-2013

What's the penalty for dodging right after you see the teams? I hope it's extra long...

Zielmann

03-20-2013

Quote:
Qsario:
What's the penalty for dodging right after you see the teams? I hope it's extra long...

I assume it'll be the same as dodging in the other queues. I think it's at 6 minutes for the first dodge right now? Maybe? I don't actually know for sure since I've never dodged a normal or ranked game.

Zielmann

03-20-2013

Quote:
Depherson:
Its the sustain that made warmogs great for bruisers though. Every other item is great for tanking/beefy, you're right. However you cant go sit and regen and now have become simple fodder as a melee facing a full team of poke due to not being able to regen in a decent time.

This will make it baned in 75% of the game types that will you will be able to queue for, get rid of it at that point imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the items that are specific to TT and CS also going to be unavailable in 75% of game modes as well? That's hardly a reason to delete an item entirely. There's nothing wrong with an item only being available on a specific map.

Also, I think people are perpetually forgetting the new item currently on HA on the PBE. It has a fairly significant amount of regen attached to it, as well as some armor and MR. They probably found that adding the regen from the new item on top of the regen from Warmog's was simply to much regen far too early for far too cheap (you can start with the new item right out of the gate).

ginkthegreat

03-20-2013

Super excited, can't wait to play it!

Kirazy

03-20-2013

Quote:
LrdVprScrpn:
Aegis/Bulwark, Locket, Banshee's, Randuin's, Frozen mallet, Spirit Visage, Rylai's, Shrueletyeia's, so on and so forth.

There are almost no health regen items left. Go filter by Health Regen and admire the absolute lack of items.

No Warmogs.
No Force of Nature.

And the health regen items are all weak.

Zielmann

03-20-2013

Quote:
Kirazy:
There are almost no health regen items left. Go filter by Health Regen and admire the absolute lack of items.

No Warmogs.
No Force of Nature.

And the health regen items are all weak.

And I reiterate:
There is a NEW item on HA that has a pretty solid amount of regen attached to it.

It's not like they're taking regen out completely. They're moving it around. Give it a chance and see how it feels before throwing around all this qq.

miranda please

03-20-2013

Quote:
Zielmann:
Opposing team comp can play a role in summoner spells, too. And sometimes for champs that can be played multiple ways, the opposing team can determine which would be better.

I really hope they don't go to blind random for these reasons. I'm happy enough with the addition of the dodge penalties. It really is veryimportant to the game and strategies that you see the opposing comp during champ select.

this is exactly why they SHOULD take away the ability to see the enemy team comp. it's bad enough I'm playing a random champ, now I have to be countered by the enemy team, too? ARAM is about making the plays in-game, and having technical teamfighting skills, not pre-game countering.

also, LET US QUEUE ON THE PBE ALREADY, DAMNIT!

Zielmann

03-21-2013

Quote:
miranda please:
this is exactly why they SHOULD take away the ability to see the enemy team comp. it's bad enough I'm playing a random champ, now I have to be countered by the enemy team, too? ARAM is about making the plays in-game, and having technical teamfighting skills, not pre-game countering.

also, LET US QUEUE ON THE PBE ALREADY, DAMNIT!

I wholly disagree. There's no reason that they should be blocking out an aspect of strategy like that. There's a difference between going in with a strategy and countering the other team in pre-game. I would maintain that there really is no countering going on, because that generally means, in my mind at least, that you're specifically choosing champions that counter what the other team has. This is hardly the case in ARAM. Modifying your planned build route and/or summoner spells is more of a way to cope with what the other team has, as opposed to countering.

See high damage dealers? Make sure there's at least one, if not two exhausts on the team. See a lot of sustain? Snag a few ignites. A single summoner spell choice doesn't counter an entire champion (that would either be a super weak champion or super OP spell).

There's nothing wrong with allowing a little strategy and thought to go into the game before it happens.

And I hate to make this argument, but you can't really say that ARAM is 'all about making the plays in game'. To an extent, this is a pretty obvious statement. In any game mode you can have a vastly superior team compared to your opponents, but if you can't execute, then you won't win. But the real thing here, with respect to making the plays in game, versus being able to plan a bit in the pre-game and react to what you see on the other side as best you can, the former has never actually been the case in ARAM. You've always been able to see what the other team has during champion select. You've always had the chance to react to the other team and plan accordingly in the pre-game. It's just another aspect of the game. If people don't want to bother making those considerations, then that is their problem.

ARAM is actually about making the best of what you were given, and adapting to the specific situation of that game. That means both adapting to your own team comp and utilizing it to the best of your ability, as well as adapting to the other team to cope with what they have to the best of your ability. You lose a piece of this by not letting teams start to strategize during champ select (if they so desire).

The only reason Riot is looking at making the picks on the other team blind is in an effort to minimize queue dodging. I feel like making the queue to begin with so that the queue dodge penalties will actually exist for people dodging ARAMs is enough. If somebody wants to dodge that badly, let them. They'll have to wait a few minutes to play again. And then they pretty much can't dodge again or else they'll be wasting more of their time than they might have had they just played that first game out to begin with.

Zielmann

04-11-2013

Bumping this thread because:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3328642

IT'S ON THE PBE!!!!
At least once the servers come back up. But I'm patching it in as I type this.

Also, they're adding a reroll mechanic to the queue. Not sure if want, but I'm sure some people will like it. Read up on it to learn more about the feature.