The wait is over :) (ARAM an official queue)

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moosenocalypse

03-18-2013

So does this mean I won't be able to play ARAM anymore while waiting after dodging a troll que?

Oh joy.

Double-edged blade, calling it now.

Zielmann

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Howling Abyss will replace Proving Grounds completely when it goes live. Enjoy it while you can!
I'm assuming (and hoping) that this section of the forums will remain, but just be renamed "Howling Abyss" instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
But the PBE proves you can have a scroll bar on custom maps! They can both exist in custom games! It won't really divide the playerbase there!
And exactly what is the point of having two essentially identical maps for the same game mode, where one just is less polished than the other? There's no 'dividing of the playerbase' going on here. It's a straight-up replacement of the ARAM map. Kinda like back when they did the visual upgrade to SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Moose View Post
So does this mean I won't be able to play ARAM anymore while waiting after dodging a troll que?

Oh joy.

Double-edged blade, calling it now.
Not necessarily. The map will still be available in custom games, so you could still make custom ARAMs for people to join. Might take longer for them to fill, though, and you'll just be getting the riff-raff who refuse to join the queue because they want to be able to dodge without penalty. You might have more success looking into ABpAM or ADAM instead once the ARAM queue shows up.

Depherson

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervation View Post

Ok, first and formost, I understand its test servers and it's all subject to change.

But why even bother to have warmog in the game at this point? It keeps getting baned from every game type, just remove the thing already.

JustAPerson

03-18-2013

Ehhhh. With both warmogs and guardian angel banned, it's gonna be really hard to build defense in aram. I agree that warmogs is strong, but it's the only thing keeping melee champions from losing any viability they have left.

Beravin

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAPerson View Post
Ehhhh. With both warmogs and guardian angel banned, it's gonna be really hard to build defense in aram. I agree that warmogs is strong, but it's the only thing keeping melee champions from losing any viability they have left.
I second this. What bothers me the most about this map is that, 90% of the time, you are better off getting yourself killed rather than trying to survive on low health. If anything, we need more items with in / out of combat sustain.

Kalarepa

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Howling Abyss will replace Proving Grounds completely when it goes live. Enjoy it while you can!
In that case, please make sure, that FPS on new map won't go down, because of all these shiny effects.
Otherwise, many of us will be forced to go back to the old old SR ARAM.

Beravin

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
In that case, please make sure, that FPS on new map won't go down, because of all these shiny effects.
Otherwise, many of us will be forced to go back to the old old SR ARAM.
This. I'm sure Riot knows already, but a shiny new map is completely useless if it prevents players with low end computers from actually playing it. I'll happily take stability / performance over graphics any day of the week.

Zielmann

03-19-2013

Quote:
First off, GA might as well not even be in the discussion, as it has never been allowed in ARAM at all.
Secondly, when did Aegis/Bulwark, Veil, Frozen Heart, Sunfire, and Randuin's disappear? Perfectly valid items for tanks.

Regarding the framerates, I believe there was a Riot post concerning this already. I think they said the map hadn't been optimized yet at the lower settings for older/weaker machines.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervation View Post
Yeah this is gonna be awesome too bad ppl can still dodge on the pbe. Whatever. We get what we've been waiting for soonTM
Hey man, we played a game or two together, arams are my thing, I was very happy to hear about arams and love the new map, so far 3-0 =P

When matchmaking hits the live server wanna play an aram with a fan of you ?

LrdVprScrpn

03-20-2013

Quote:
Aegis/Bulwark, Locket, Banshee's, Randuin's, Frozen mallet, Spirit Visage, Rylai's, Shrueletyeia's, so on and so forth.

1234567 ... 9