Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The wait is over :) (ARAM an official queue)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

03-16-2013

Quote:
Asif25:
Proving ground the old version is still there. They kept the old map with aram but not twisted treeline weird.

Umm... no? The Proving Grounds will be gone once the new (er, refreshed) map comes out. It's currently only on the PBE for testing before it goes live. Once it hits live, Proving Grounds will no longer be a thing.

Quote:
Jake Compton:
No... were still going to wait... a couple more patches. Wait definitely isnt over.

The wait is over, and yet it's just beginning. Really, I've just been waiting for some confirmation that they were even doing a queue, which we now have. The new wait is just waiting for it to finish PBE testing and hit the live servers.

Purpleskoal

03-16-2013

This is good news, but I wish they would get the queue going first then release a map.

Zielmann

03-16-2013

Quote:
Purpleskoal:
This is good news, but I wish they would get the queue going first then release a map.

I think the queue is the harder part put together. The updated map was ready for testing. Why not let us test it out to make sure that nothing broke on the map as soon as it's available?

Pedito

03-16-2013

There won't be an ADAM or ABAM queue.
Also, you won't be able to see what the enemy team has, which will reduce dodging.

Kalarepa

03-16-2013

Quote:
Pedito:

Also, you won't be able to see what the enemy team has, which will reduce dodging.

They said, it probably will be like this. I hope, not. Lack of easy "quit" button and time penalty will already reduce dodging.
Not knowing enemy heroes is pretty big issue for people, who know what they're doing and have different runes/masteries/summoners, even AP or AD build for different enemy comps.

LrdVprScrpn

03-18-2013

Quote:
Kalarepa:
They said, it probably will be like this. I hope, not. Lack of easy "quit" button and time penalty will already reduce dodging.
Not knowing enemy heroes is pretty big issue for people, who know what they're doing and have different runes/masteries/summoners, even AP or AD build for different enemy comps.

People will adapt and create generalist rune pages.

Zielmann

03-18-2013

Quote:
LrdVprScrpn:
People will adapt and create generalist rune pages.

Opposing team comp can play a role in summoner spells, too. And sometimes for champs that can be played multiple ways, the opposing team can determine which would be better.

I really hope they don't go to blind random for these reasons. I'm happy enough with the addition of the dodge penalties. It really is veryimportant to the game and strategies that you see the opposing comp during champ select.

George W Nome

Game Designer

03-18-2013

Howling Abyss will replace Proving Grounds completely when it goes live. Enjoy it while you can!

Biriz

03-18-2013

The only minor problem I have with this map is that it's tilted. Should have been level like the treeline.

Zerglinator

03-18-2013

Quote:
RiotNome:
Howling Abyss will replace Proving Grounds completely when it goes live. Enjoy it while you can!

But the PBE proves you can have a scroll bar on custom maps! They can both exist in custom games! It won't really divide the playerbase there!