The wait is over :) (ARAM an official queue)

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

03-15-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3227822

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

<3 Brackhar et all

What do you guys think?

4/11 Update: There is now a queue on the PBE - Howling Abyss now has consistent and infinite IP gains, and a leaver buster! It also has a "re-roll" feature that can be used every so often to reroll your champion once. (about once per 5 games in its current iteration)

Some fun facts from the thread if you want a tl:dr

1) The map has been renamed from "Proving Grounds" to "Howling Abyss" complete with all new art assets and models, new music and ambient sounds as well
2) It is on the PBE, but is not finished yet - the map is subject to change
3) It comes complete with a queue, uncapped IP, and leaver buster
4) It's still a few patches out, so don't expect it to go live tomorrow or anything
5) There will be lore associated with the new map
6) The matchmaking queue is NOW ENABLED ON THE PBE GO CHECK IT OUT!!1
7) The mandatory random queue will pick you a champion from your OWNED champions + the 10 free week champions
8) The brush in the middle of the lane on the sides will stay
9) Our current iteration of the "proving grounds" will be discontinued when the new one is out

Rioters that brought this to us include but is not limited to:

Brackhar
CaptainLx
3PEET
RiotVitzkrieg
RiotEarp
Also RiotNome (i think)
Kilmourz
alex gonzales
RiotOtown

Big THANK YOU!!!!!! to all of you guys

edit: will continue to update this thread as Riot updates the original post. - also logging on the PBE now, will report back with my own opinions

OK just played a game: spoilers follow, skip if you must

no more warmogs, also, New item: Some kind of 'battle horn' builds out of ruby crystal and rejuv bead, gives 180 hp and 12 hp regen/sec. Unique active: charges on enemy spell cast - when reaching 15 charges, you can activate the item to gain 30% movespeed + bonus armor and MR for 3 seconds. No cooldown as far as I could tell.

Small champion models look extra small on the map - heimer looked like half his normal size lol

the 2 nexus turrets were closer together

the base area is smaller - there is less room to maneuver around towers inside the base/nexus area

Youniverse

03-15-2013

oh....my......god. So happy

Beravin

03-15-2013

It sounds like everything we have been waiting for, and more to boot. I wish they included a few other details, like if there will be dodge penalties and all that, but hey, we'll get there eventually. Still, all of this looks very promising.

The new field itself looks pretty sweet, too. I only wonder if they will make any changes to how the map is actually played. I mean, will the towers / brush / health packs all be in the same place? Any changes to the game play?

All said and done, its nice to have this confirmed. Shout out to the ones behind it!

Kr1sys

03-15-2013

Thank god. I'm so happy. Tired of this custom bs.

CamaHa

03-15-2013

Yeah those are awesome news!!!!

Beravin

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOtown View Post
Glad to see you like it! and yes dodge penalties.
Bwahahahaaha *chokes on laughter*

innervation

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
Bwahahahaaha *chokes on laughter*
Yeah this is gonna be awesome too bad ppl can still dodge on the pbe. Whatever. We get what we've been waiting for soonTM

Endr03

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1sys View Post
Thank god. I'm so happy. Tired of this custom bs.
seriuosly i find myself playign less LoL due to the IP cap so this will be amazing

Asif25

03-16-2013

Proving ground the old version is still there. They kept the old map with aram but not twisted treeline weird.

Jake Compton

03-16-2013

No... were still going to wait... a couple more patches. Wait definitely isnt over.

12345 ... 9