Help Riot Help You: Crashing when Pinging

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

We Are As One

03-22-2013

[Official installer on live...getting really pissed off w/ all the iLoL bugs mixed in when we are trying to get the official client to work]

Hey guys I just sent detailed crash logs to you via support request, as I didn't want to post them here. I'm on a Macmini5,2 with OS 10.8.3. Doesn't happen often as I stopped using pings with the fancy little wheel thing, I think if you map pings to a hotkey so it doesn't show the wheel maybe this won't happen? Either way I don't know how to reproduce it yet, but it always happens after issuing just a single ping and then game crashes that very instant. But yeah it doesn't happen every time I ping, so I don't know, its annoying, and it makes me really hesitant to communicate with team as I either crash out from pinging or I get killed while typing haha.

from r3d:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6630M
ERROR| >>> EffectHashMap::HashToName - Match not found for hash 09dc7d69
WARN| Attempting to begin unprepared MusicCue (cueID: 41). For better performance call PrepareMusicCue() before calling Begin() on this cue.

^^ last 2 lines before it crashed, really nothing useful in r3d this time I guess?

as for crash log check msg to support but header is:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
terminate called throwing an exception
abort() called

Dottdott

03-22-2013

This bug happens to me about every other game - even arams.
System Specs:
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
OSX 10.6.8

Hope it gets fixed soon. (y)

Update:

To answer the questions:

1) Experienced this bug many times - including ARAMs. I made a custom game by myself and spammed different types of pings. Happened yet again. Also, when it does crash; one has to relog the entire client instead of having the orange reconnect button.
2) I guess it happens when there are a lot of pings on the map. But it's been happening more recently than it was before the smart ping system. And I myself love the new ping system, so it frequently happens to me with the MIA and OMW ping.
3) OSX 10.7.8
4) Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
5) Do you notice this bug being tied to any other behaviors while the pings are happening? Well, at first I wasn't sure what caused the bug so I thought I'd just repair the client. But last night I was in an ARAM and it happened 3 times when I was pinging to push turrets.
6) Used to run iLoL (June of last year to whenever Official client came out). iLoL worked fine except the Bugsplats here and there.
6a) Official client. Hehe.
7) Live. Haven't been on the PBE often.

Hope it helps.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwir View Post
i, too, am unable to reproduce this bug.
pings have been very interesting to me due to the left click-unbind bug i've reported a while ago, but other than that i've never managed to crash my client due to overpinging, or experienced this bug in any of the games i've played. i lost count of them, but they could very likely be way over a hundred.

System Specs:

Model MacBookPro 13" late 2010
Processor 2,4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.7.5 (11G63b)
^ iLoL installer using Native mode, both Live and PBE. i don't use much the Official, so i won't give feedback based on it for now, but i'll try to reproduce the bug as soon as it finishes patching.

mattdotdot, are you using iLoL/native or the official client?

EDIT: alright, that's EXTREMELY weird - i just played a custom game in the official client, and as soon as i hit my third smart ping the client froze, and crashed after about 15 seconds. settings were exactly the same i use on iLoL:
borderless, no HUD animations, very high champ quality, no vsync, no software mouse.
quick smart ping set to G.
only difference is, my Official is set to italian and my iLoL is set to English.
second and third game i checked, i can't crash the client anymore. so i'd say it doesn't happen all the time...

Dottdott

03-23-2013

Quote:
^ iLoL installer using Native mode, both Live and PBE. i don't use much the Official, so i won't give feedback based on it for now, but i'll try to reproduce the bug as soon as it finishes patching.

Official Mac Client.

I used to use iLoL before the Official client came out - which is also a little way away from the smart ping system.

BrightnShiny

03-23-2013

1) Yes. Three times.
2) About once every three games.
3)10.6.8
4) Nividia Geoforce 320M.
5) It always seems to happen when a lot of stuff is going on. Not kidding.
6) Official client.
7) Only played live.

Dottdott

03-24-2013

Quote:

EDIT: alright, that's EXTREMELY weird - i just played a custom game in the official client, and as soon as i hit my third smart ping the client froze, and crashed after about 15 seconds. settings were exactly the same i use on iLoL:
borderless, no HUD animations, very high champ quality, no vsync, no software mouse.
quick smart ping set to G.
only difference is, my Official is set to italian and my iLoL is set to English.
second and third game i checked, i can't crash the client anymore. so i'd say it doesn't happen all the time...
Well, there you have the bug at last. I'm not sure on the consistency of the bug though.

Brodzilla

03-24-2013

I just experienced this bug, and am now unable to run LoL again, as Kernal does not respond when I open it.

System Specs:
Model Name: MacBook Pro, 13"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB

I've played about 10 games so far on without problems, but when I tried to ping a few times on my last game, the client crashed, and will not reopen.

I use the official Mac LoL client

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodzilla View Post
I've played about 10 games so far on without problems, but when I tried to ping a few times on my last game, the client crashed, and will not reopen.

I use the official Mac LoL client
To be clear, you're saying that when you launch the LoL client, nothing happens: The LoL graphic does not appear, no icons appear in your dock, and it just silently does nothing?

This bug is still being tracked down. Would you mind posting your OS crash logs?

The only known fix at the moment is to reinstall. You'll have to either patch from scratch, or copy over your downloaded patch files if you're comfortable with that.

True My Blade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

1) Yes
2) Every other game
3) 10.8.2
4) NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB (late 2008 macbook unibody)
5) Nope
NEW Mar 30:
6) iLoL
6a) Native
7) Only played on Live

mitchdogg

03-25-2013

1) Have you experienced this bug?
Yes
2) How often to experience this bug? Every other game?
I was experiencing this once a game. Now it doesn't seem to happen as often anymore.
3) What version of Mac OSX do you have?
Snow Leopard 10.6.2
4) What video card do you have? (About This Mac -> More Info)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400
5) Do you notice this bug being tied to any other behaviors while the pings are happening?
Not that I can see
NEW Mar 30:
6) Are you running through iLoL or the official installer located on our site?
Official installer
6a) If running iLoL are you running in native or Wine mode?
N/A
7) Are you experiencing on PBE, LIVE or BOTH?
Live