"Dude, stop initiating with Blitzcrank."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNameless

03-15-2013

My team: Riven, Lulu, Blitzcrank (myself).

My teammates swore upon all which is holy that initiating a teamfight with Riven and Lulu is significantly better than a Blitzcrank grab.

I fully get that Lulu/Riven is a strong combination. Totally understandable. I would do it myself if I was a Lulu or Riven...

...but not if I had BLITZCRANK on my team!!

Am I wrong in thinking that my teammates were crazy in their desire to completely FORGO my grab and have Lulu-boosted Riven run in there? They basically wanted me to ONLY grab IF the enemy was retreating (AND assuming Riven was too far away to chase down by burning her skills).

I thought my teammates were being inflexible, choosing to rely on their strategy instead of making use of a Blitzcrank on their team. They didn't say anything in the game lobby about their plan, they didn't comment during the game at any time until Riven decided to rage about my grabs "screwing up her attacks."

Best example:

The enemy is grouped up somewhere next to a wall, and my team is moving in to attack. I choose to go below the wall, and successfully grab Miss Fortune over the wall. My plan (if my teammates were to follow me) was to force a 3v1 against Miss Fortune and then engage the surviving two.

Instead, Riven (and Lulu) run right into the 3 of them (apparently ignoring the fact I ran a different direction) and Riven complains "OMG Blitz, why the **** would you pull them over the wall?" I even smart-pinged where I was going AND pinged Miss Fortune.

---

If I am mistaken, please correct me, and I'll play a different champion if I see a Riven/Lulu combination (or at least play Blitzcrank a different way if I happen to lock in before them).

Thanks for your feedback.

-xN

Keliaas

03-16-2013

Why you wouldnt stick with your team and just use your pull to CC their carry is beyond me. If you can't avoid escapes with lulu\riven that's pretty bad.

EDIT: also, why would you pull someone acrossed a wall? if you do get her, the enemy would have to be retarded not to retreat, and then you have a lesser chance of pushing lanes.

CLG Uzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Making a pull that results in a quick easy kill>waiting for Riven/Lulu to engage.

Making a pull that results in saving a member of the other team(like through a wall when you're alone)<waiting for them to engae

xNameless

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliaas View Post
EDIT: also, why would you pull someone across a wall? if you do get her, the enemy would have to be retarded not to retreat, and then you have a lesser chance of pushing lanes.
I completely disagree. It would be EASIER to push lanes because our enemy would lack the strength to challenge us. Even if we get to their turret, a Blitzcrank pull can bring them out again from under the turret range.

If you are arguing a more general perspective (that is, irrespective of what champions are on your team), then I would agree, assuming your goal in the moment is to push lanes and not simply farm creeps/players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSickle01 View Post
Making a pull that results in a quick easy kill>waiting for Riven/Lulu to engage.

Making a pull that results in saving a member of the other team(like through a wall when you're alone)<waiting for them to engage
This would be obvious, though clearly it wasn't obvious to my teammates. Full disclosure: I killed my target and Riven/Lulu went into a 2v2. It wasn't a bad situation, though it certainly did not start as I intended.

After further thought, I realized the real problem here was that my teammates (and myself) were unwilling to flex our plans to accommodate who are teammates are. Riven and Lulu (who I'm guessing were a premade, clearly) weren't willing to take advantage of the (to me, obvious) opportunities for a Blitzcrank grab, and I was not considerate to when Riven wanted to just charge in.

In short: Communication is key. If you premake going into a game lobby, let your solo queue allies know what your intentions are...instead of yelling at them for not being psychic.

-xN