Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

03-15-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Will the tutorial be changing over as well?

We'll be including some updates with the tutorial as well. Won't affect you veterans though

Arance

03-15-2013

Quote:
Kilmourz:
The old Murder Bridge collapsed into the abyss from so many epic battles.... never to be seen again.

Does this mean you're replacing the Tutorial Proving Grounds with Howling Abyss?

EDIT: Already answered as 'yes'. My bad.

Rivini

03-15-2013

Quote:
Brackhar:
I'll look at the playstats, but last I checked it was still a drastically lower %. Not that this means it isn't fun though (I actually love ADAM), but it may not necessarily lead to a healthy queue.

ADAM is played the least because:

1. The majority of players don't have the patience to sit through the entire draft process for a mode that's short, not intended to be serious, and custom (limited IP gains). Matchmaking will definitely fix the latter two issues.

2. They only want to play champions like Blitzcrank, Master Yi, Nidalee, Jayce, and Lux (for obvious reasons).

Why ABAM is less popular than ARAM is because it doesn't provide the same challenge when you have control over who you decide to play. Team comps almost always consist of the aforementioned champions.

Nogrid

03-15-2013

Why is this map diagonal instead of left-to-right like TT and Dominion are?

Brackhar

Features Designer

03-15-2013

Quote:
Krufix:
Can you still trade champions with your teammates?

That's the current plan.

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
New soundtrack, yes or no?

Yes. We've been having some issues with the audio cutting out this last week, so please post if you run into this on PBE.

DrPatt

03-15-2013

What if each side could only be from Demacia or Noxus? Like blue was Demacia and purple Noxus?

RiotOtown

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
ShooopMedia:
I notice what looks to be a hole in the map, its continued on the other side which has a walkway and looks weird, might be intentional though?

http://i.imgur.com/wzP9m83.jpg

Cool - thanks! We'll check it out

(edit) By the way guys - this is Beta, so we are very aware that lots of stuff is work in progress and some stuff is still buggy at this point. Barring that - hope you like the map!

Kilmourz

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
So does it get its own soundtrack?

Yes there is new music and ambient sounds.

Nirosu

03-15-2013

Very cool, the color palette is nice along with the other art changes. From the screenshots the bridge looks less wide. Hopefully it isn't and it is just the effect of not having the black void on the sides.

The Ghost Orchid

03-15-2013

Oh my god. The goats. So adorable.