Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilmourz

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
Talith PA:
So what happens to the Proving Grounds when this goes live? I'm assuming we have to say goodbye to the murder bridge of old. :'(

The old Murder Bridge collapsed into the abyss from so many epic battles.... never to be seen again.

BadgerDrool

03-15-2013

Quote:
RiotOtown:
Hey guys - here's a super early shot from our explorations with pushing the depth on this map

Oh man you guys need to post more screenshots like this. I'm drooling more over this then the original full detail image. Weird.

Plasmids

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Not sure if this has been asked or answered, but will there be any changes to how your random champ is selected?

I ask because I've gotten the same champ many times in a row and it doesn't seem random sometimes. I got Shyvana 8 times or so in a days worth of arams once.

Beravin

03-15-2013

Quote:
Rolihlahla:

The point of aram is to not play your favourite champs, it is to play a random champ and try to be good with him, showing your familiarity of the champs in the game.

This is true, but there is nothing wrong with me wanting to play champions that I like to play. I'm not going to dodge / quit or anything like that, but I'm allowed to hope that I get champions I know and enjoy playing the game with.

Quote:
Rolihlahla:
Unfortunately, aram has nowadays become a get an op team comp or quit type thing in custom. But even after making an actual queue for aram, do you think people wont quit at champ select if they dont get who they want?

Dodge penalties and the fact that we cant see the other team will go a long way with this. It will not solve it, but it will definitely help. A queue for ARAM will also take out a lot of the frustration that comes from someone dodging.

Quote:
Rolihlahla:
Also, riot doesnt prioritize profit over quality of content, look at their efforts on art reworks and finally giving skins to skinless champs.

This is true, but Riot is still a business. Them providing excellent and consistent quality is not the same as them giving away their products for free. Unlocking all champions effectively takes half of their potential profit out of ARAM.

3PEET

Senior Artist

03-15-2013

PBE is up! Get on there and play!

ShooopMedia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Kilmourz:
The old Murder Bridge collapsed into the abyss from so many epic battles.... never to be seen again.

Or Blitz getting too excited : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRqZyMDWn8

(not meant to advertise)

Drizoon

03-15-2013

What about a 1v1 2v2 matchmaking version. i think that would be a great addition ^_^

Super Explosion

03-15-2013

Quote:
3PEET:
PBE is up! Get on there and play!

Sounds dangerous.

RiotOtown

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
3peet:
pbe is up! Get on there and play!

get on! Doo eeet!

Arc Kalocal

03-15-2013

Quote:
RiotOtown:
Forgot to add this one - exploring how some of these shapes fog out.

Wish I could zoom out that far....