Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBestAshe

03-15-2013

Someone fuking smack me and tell me I'm not dreaming

benefcb

03-15-2013

Have you considered splitting champions into tiers and then randomizing in such a way that teams will first be drawn as even compositions (say 1x tier1 2x tier2 1xtier4) and then each player is given a random champ from his assigned tier.

So basically games would happen as follows:

1) Team compositions are randomized (both teams will have the same tier composition)
2) Each player is randomly assigned a tier slot
3) Each player is randomly assigned a champion from his tier

Kilmourz

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
I see what you did there.

was typing the same thing until i saw your post

mhaetsts

Recruiter

03-15-2013

What happens to the old proving grounds?
Will a map come in its place on the little minimap when creating a custom game?

ShooopMedia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Kilmourz:
This was one of my favorite early concepts to refer back to while working on the models, lighting, and compositions.

Is there anyway to see a behind the scenes of this?
I have always been interested in seeing how Riot makes the maps, models, and animations (in-game and login screen).

RiotOtown

03-15-2013

Quote:
Beravin:
It sounds like everything we have been waiting for, and more to boot. I wish a few other details were included, like if there will be dodge penalties and all that, but hey, we'll get there eventually. Still, all of this looks very promising.

Glad to see you like it! and yes dodge penalties.

KaXaSA51

03-15-2013

OMG... Manly tears were shed

Beravin

03-15-2013

Quote:
Rolihlahla:
Why cant aram feature the entire champion pool? The whole point is to show your skill at any champ and since you are already including free week, why not go a step further to make it the entire pool? This would make it truly random and would make aram an even more unique game mode than it already is. Furthermore, it would get rid of any advantages that could exist between people who only own a few champs as they would probably be extremely familiar (as in mastered) with their selection vs someone who owns a lot of champs who probably knows these champs only fairly well...

I agree with you for a few reasons, however: A) Riot makes a profit from champion sales, and this would not be fair to them. B) The more champions you have, the less chance you have of getting someone you really enjoy. C) It will not be much of an issue later, as the IP limit is going to be removed. With these in mind, I would rather not have this feature.

WR3CKL355

03-15-2013

*Montgomery Burns voice* EXCELLENT.

RiotOtown

03-15-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
I approve of such things!

Cool image! - the peaky roofs and angular stairs are definitely relevant to this look. Although we did try to stay away from the Gothic arches and such.