Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ˆMakotoˆ

03-15-2013

Quote:
Phathead117:
To many posts to check. So sorry if this has been repeated. But will this mean that if you leave a Aram champ select there will be the time punishment. Because that would be great for sticking to the whole Aram concept of taking what you're given.

Yes, Leavebuster is enabled

TehCookieMonster

03-15-2013

Good April Fools joke!

Nogrid

03-15-2013

If you were designing this new ARAM map from scratch I'm curious as to why it is still bottom-left to top-right. I would think eliminating the slight imbalance that the camera perspective provides by making it left/right symmetrical like TT and Dominion would be better than keeping the traditional layout.

The Juice

03-15-2013

I'm not sure if this question has been asked/answered yet, but I'll ask just for the sake of asking... Since this is going to be an actual queue mode, will it provide rewards such as experience and IP in the same way Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, and Dominion do? Or will there still be a limited amount you can obtain?

Kelvinzors

03-15-2013

Yay can't wait!

Kilmourz

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
Black OpaD:
Will the bush on the side remain?

yes the brush on the side will remain.

Rolihlahla

03-15-2013

Why cant aram feature the entire champion pool? The whole point is to show your skill at any champ and since you are already including free week, why not go a step further to make it the entire pool? This would make it truly random and would make aram an even more unique game mode than it already is. Furthermore, it would get rid of any advantages that could exist between people who only own a few champs as they would probably be extremely familiar (as in mastered) with their selection vs someone who owns a lot of champs who probably knows these champs only fairly well...

Beravin

03-15-2013

It sounds like everything we have been waiting for, and more to boot. I wish a few other details were included, like if there will be dodge penalties and all that, but hey, we'll get there eventually. Still, all of this looks very promising.

The new field itself looks pretty sweet, too. I only wonder if they will make any changes to how the map is actually played. I mean, will the towers / brush / health packs all be in the same place? Any changes to the game play?

All said and done, its nice to have this confirmed. Shout out to the ones behind it!

Edit: Would it be possible to get the Honor system working for this?

Asif25

03-15-2013

yess i luv u riot

Super Explosion

03-15-2013

Quote:
RiotOtown:
Here's an early take on what this map might look like. We took a little piece from lots of different concepts!

I approve of many such things!