Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalinka

03-15-2013

Quote:
sdfasetrdsfeasrg:
Im getting an update!

ME TOOOO! So excited I can't believe it!

Eon Icefire

03-15-2013

Okay I love the updated PG map. I really do. I love it's fleshed out design and everything.

But one question....I remember hearing years ago about other game types coming and nothing since and that + this got me thinking...

Is there any potential for future game type/map mixes?

For example, the way it currently works excluding the currently unimplemented ARAM;

Classic > SR 5v5 > Blind / Draft / Ranked
Classic > TT 3v3 > Blind / Draft
Dominion > CS 5v5 > Blind / Draft

Is there any chance of expanding that? Perhaps Classic 5v5 on TT? Or Classic 3v3 on SR? Dominion 3v3 on CS?

And on the note of ARAM...any chance of ARAM on other maps?

Perhaps a SR for 3v3 or 5v5 ARAM where the top/bot creeps/towers are immune to player damage? Perhaps the bot/top lanes don't exist and the holes in the walls there aren't in the 'ARAM version' of the map? The former would make it seem/feel more like normal SR, but the latter would allow expanded forests for juking/more juking/large scale map fighting without worry of other lanes, and with the aram type initiated they couldn't b in forest or buy without dying after leaving.

Or maybe 3v3 or 5v5 ARAM on TT with one of two lanes following the suggestions for top/bot for a theoretical SR ARAM?

Also...any news on any other new classic/dominion maps besides CS/TT/SR?

Sorry...Just psyched to see this and curious to know what, if anything else, is currently in store/being planned for level dev

refpuz

03-15-2013

Quote:
sdfasetrdsfeasrg:
is it the exact same as the proving grounds, or has it got a little extra added to it?

The only difference I see so far from the pics they have shown is that the spawning pools have been moved further back to prevent spawn killing.

BadgerDrool

03-15-2013

Quote:
Brackhar:
That's the same intuition we had, but when we looked at the data it wasn't actually backed up. I was pretty surprised at that myself.

Interesting. I think if there was a ranked que that would change. Maybe even just having an official mode may change it.

May I recommend something of a happy middleground? An expanded "free week" pool only for ARAM? Or maybe ARAM uses the last two free weeks?

Providing every single champion would be pretty awesome, but I can understand where it is problematic. Providing a higher free base causes there to be too much diffusion for "this is my ARAM account" to really work. It also provides players more chances to play something new and exciting.

Just remember that data on this is pretty much unavailable on PBE. It's just not the right kind of environment due to free RP and IP making a larger champion pool moot.

Oh I thought of another method. Change the logic around a bit. Have 5 champions selected randomly from the entire pool. Give them to people that have them first? Eh nah I don't like that. It'd result in a higher chance of getting the same champions over and over. Especially unpopular ones. Someone with an account that doesn't contain melee can garuntee they won't see them if one other person has it on their team...

Maybe modify the select phase? So your team gets 5 champions and people request them? Say 10 second phase. Random which of the requestees get that champion with a weight to people that own it? Still a little too controlled and problematic though....

Khapyright

03-15-2013

Mine is nearly complete! Cant wait!

Vantium

03-15-2013

I really love that you guys are improving murder bridge.

Have you guys thought about a Pooled ARAM queue or a MRAM (Mostly Random, All Mid)
PARAM is your team gets 10-15 champions and you and your teammates get to pick from those champs to make a team. The champions you be mostly champs owned by plaers, but sometimes you would get a full random champ of ones nobody owns.
MRAM is Mostly Random, All Mid. Each person gets a choice between 2-3 champions they own to play. Some sort of interface would probably be needed to let you know what your teammates can play.

Thoughts? I'll probably be making a full idea write-up later and posting it on the forums+reddit

NotDevan

03-15-2013

I absolutely look forward to this next time I'm on the PBE. Hopefully framerate issues from last week are cleared up. ARAM is fun; I'm sad that it took me this long to find it.

naotasan

03-15-2013

Quote:
Brackhar:
That's fair. I think it'd be much more of a problem if we were doing a ranked queue with visibile ratings, but since we're not right now we're not worried. We can deal with that particular problem if we ever cross that bridge.

If Brackhar talks about Ranked for your game mode, it pretty much means it's never going to happen.

I mean, just look at Dominion.

Kraogg

03-15-2013

Quote:
naotasan:
If Brackhar talks about Ranked for your game mode, it pretty much means it's never going to happen.

I mean, just look at Dominion.

This is true.

Admiral Eggshell

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Yesssss