Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low summoner level jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ac3y

11-02-2010

So, I'm seeing a lot of jungle guides, and they all seem to assume s.level 30 w/ tier 3 runes. Now, I'm wondering, is jungling viable/possible without these things, and further, which champs are/aren't viable for low level jungling?

I assume ww is always a good jungler, but how about the unconventional junglers? Some pointers on low-level jungling in general and which champs do/don't work without a full runepage and masteries would be great!

h 2

Recruiter

11-03-2010

I saw a Fiddlesticks jungle at summoner level 5 today. Not sure his setup, think he started with blue pot. No clue on his route.

WTB answers on low summoner level jungling!

Cry Me River

11-03-2010

Yes it's possible, but its very slowly and only few champions can do that without runes. On low levels I have used nunu and warwick also amumu on my summoner lvl, but after blue I was almost dead (lucky dodges) ^^

CS RaiL

11-03-2010

Guides will always assume that you're level 30 with the specified runeset in order to maximise efficiency in jungling - otherwise you'll find yourself underlevelled, unable to gank and have no gold to spend on items making it counter productive to jungle for your team.

Jungling can be done at any summoner level but you have to always keep in mind about efficiency and cost. For someone like Warwick, his innate lifesteal and abilities definitely make him a strong jungler: you don't need to do anything fancy / equip yourself with specific runes or masteries to jungle successfully. While for someone like Amumu, you have to consider his needs - he needs mana to jungle (through using his abilities) so you need to obtain the Golem Buff as soon as possible. Also note that with Amumu, you'll be getting more health potions than a Warwick would so it is generally more expensive and you can reduce health lost through masteries and runes.

Hope this helps.

ac3y

11-03-2010

Thanks for the responses guys!
So basically, while you can jungle pre-summoner level 30, the efficiency will be so low that you might as well lane?

Cenerae

11-03-2010

Quote:
ac3y:
So basically, while you can jungle pre-summoner level 30, the efficiency will be so low that you might as well lane?

It depends on who you're trying to jungle with.

Warwick can jungle from summoner level 1, though you do have to adjust the route a little to compensate, and of course it won't be as fast as if you were level 30. Fiddle could probably get away with it too.

But someone like Xin would just get killed without the right runes/masteries.

As to whether it's worth it? That depends entirely on how terrible a laning phase you expect to suffer through.

Danimal209

11-03-2010

You could always create a Custom/Practice game without bots just to practice jungling, thats what i do.

Edit: Other then Warwick & Fiddle, you'll need to start with Cloth armor and 5 hp pots (Or 4 hp & 1 mana if you wait 5 sec after minion spawn)

Edit2: Starting with a Red Elixir and 5hp pots also... but do not recomend that because you'll have no items after its gone.

Minrog

11-03-2010

Quote:
ac3y:

Yeah. I was able to jungle all right with Warwick by the time I hit level 20, though. I had been saving up my IP and purchased armor and attack speed Tier 3 runes for it (the armor was for Amumu...)

Those are the two stats that are important, btw. Attack Speed is good on Warwick because he heals every time he lands a hit and the damage at level 1 is less important than the self healing. Armor is good for all junglers, though I'd say less good for WW than AS is.

TL;DR: Level 20 with Smite and T3 Attack Speed runes

MrChuckles

11-03-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJOIBdCodY

Stonewall008 vid about jungling with WW and Fiddle at lvl 1.

Only other guy ive tried was a gragas without jungling runes/masteries and it didnt work out at all.

BringerOfRedDawn

11-03-2010

I tried a practice game with Udyr @ lvl 13 or so. Mind you my runes were set for a slightly different style (cds and arm.p.) but it was impossible. I started with golems and wolves but couldn't go on (probably wouldn't run into enemy jungle at lvl 2 and couldn't kill anything else).
With 100% compatible runes you can probably do wolf/golems->golems/wolves->banshees->anything with a jungle champ.