Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hints and strats on Specific Champs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadajko

03-20-2013

@Warrrrax
About Jayce - I don't think manamune is useless on Jayce, it can be a way to build him, just expressing my opinion, which is - I think it is non-optimum. Clarity makes me not run out of mana.

About Ezreal - I start out with only 1 health pot and 2 mana pots. Eventually you DO run out of mana in early levels, unless you dominate your enemy hard, and have free access to 3 mana/health power-ups.
But then you get that chalice and latter athenes, and mana problems are just *poof*.
Rush sorcs because all other 3 spells deal magic dmg, Lux for example ONLY has 3 dmg spells, Ezreal has 4, but 3 still isn't a low number. And once you get Lichbane all 4 will domagic dmg.
And again, I can't stress enough how VERY important the right rune page is. I have innate 12 mpen, so +15 from sorcs puts me to 27. I basically deal true damage to champs without bonus MR.

I use Ezreals blink on offense most of the time, you just have to know the right time, know where you are going to go, and how to dodge enemy counter spells. Other than that, latter with much CDR and landing Q's in time you can blink once every 4 seconds so you will be able to fight while re-positioning and continuing to deal dmg. And as you can see I also buy Furor upgrade for my boots, so every time I land my Q or E I gain a 12% speed burst for a short duration so I am extremely mobile to dodge enemies or back off quickly.

HaIfhearted

03-20-2013

For pretty much any ranged ADC:
Start with a Dorans Blade, Brawlers Glove, and either a Longsword or Boots. And pots.

The reason for this is that random crits make for pretty strong poke early on, and if you get particularly lucky with the bull**** they will straight-up get you first blood or randomly win you fights.

As long as you are poking with your autos like a good little ADC, you're bound to get crits eventually.

Kadajko

03-20-2013

Quote:
HaIfhearted:

As long as you are poking with your autos like a good little ADC, you're bound to get crits eventually.

Unless you are Jayce and poke with your Q+E.

ToothDcay

03-20-2013

A very good item combination is Athenes/Spirit Visage. It caps you out at max CDR right away and provides sustain/defence and the neccessary mana for your skillspamming.
I like this build best on Ahri and Anni. Especially Anni gets scary with CDR and a lil tankyness. Stun QW someone and use E, QW again when you walk out and yo have your stun again. Works best with speed enchant.

Kennen
Always have a mark on high priority stun targets such as nunu or kat. Since, as a good Kennen, you always have your w proc ready, when the fight starts, AA them once again for the second mark. Now they cant use their Ability for 10 seconds our you instant counter them with a w.

Nocturne
use his ult mainly for the vision fog. It counters Wombo Combos especially well, like just after Mummy ults.

Eve
Boots of Mobility wiht speed enchant. Stay away from any of their initiations and be near their carrys within an instant. Eve is really effective in hit and run, you can Q them easly when they chase you. First damage Item is Liandry for obvious reasons.

Kadajko

03-20-2013

Quote:
ToothDcay:

Eve
Boots of Mobility wiht speed enchant. Stay away from any of their initiations and be near their carrys within an instant. Eve is really effective in hit and run, you can Q them easly when they chase you. First damage Item is Liandry for obvious reasons.

Eve was very good, and I actually played her to great success on proving grounds, but then her ult got nerfed, and I couldn't play her as effectively since.

Warrrrax

05-08-2013

Rezzing this topic since I think its useful to the newer players.

My addendum:

Most mana hungry AP poke champs want to max out their CDR. Athenes gives you 20% and is a shoo in pick.
From there, the most common choices are:

a) Ionic boots, 4% Offense == Best for those whose utility is greater than their damage. Healers, those with high CC, etc may consider this.

b) Morellos - 4% overshoot if you took 4% in Offense == Best for those who are enormously mana hungry and spammy, such as Nidalee (when shes tossing spears every 4sec and healing often), or Cho Gath. Good vs enemy healers of course. Very efficient if you need the extra mana regen. Not so much if Athenes is enough mana (which it usually is).

c) Sweeper/DFG, 4% offense, 6% runes == Sweeper is one of my favorite items, but leaves 6% CDR. There might be a case where you decide to take CDR runes to make up the last 6%.

Remember that the last 6% CDR you get is about as valuable as the first 11% CDR you got due to the non-linear nature of it. (imagine going from 50% to 90% CDR vs from 0 to 40%. same % increase but 1st case would be hugely more powerful). As such, it may be worth taking CDR blues to make up the difference.

Merb2

05-08-2013

i liked this very much so.thanks

IrrRelevant

05-09-2013

I know, this thread is more about specific champions, but since many people don't seem to get this i will post a bit more general advise.
First off: Don't rush in 1v5. Pretty obvious, i know, but let me clarify: Even if you just revived, your team lost a 4v5 Teamfight and they are all pretty low, don't go in. You might get a few of them and get killed in the process, but your team does get nothing out of it.
Instead, wait till your team has revived. Now you have 5 full health Champions which can just roll over your lowlife enemies and kill them. That way your team gets valuable assists, and, even more important: You get time to push while they are dead.
(Same goes for rushing in as 2 or 3. If the enemy isn't in front of your turrets, just wait for your team to respawn and push together.)

Second (even if it's kinda the same): Many people simply don't seem to get how important assists are. If you are very low life, try to get killed by only one champ. that way you deny the enemy the assistgold. If you have a heal or are a poke based champion you might not want to do that, but if you're an initiator you are not worth much if you have low life. Tell your teammates you're going to suicide to a single person so they fall back a bit while you're dead.

...Can't think of more for now^^

Edit: One more thing: Get a friggin oracles if you're against teemo....