Hints and strats on Specific Champs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

This post is a place to drop your hints, miniguides and strategies about your favorite champs on ARAM/ABAM. The idea is to share things that aren't necessarily obvious and are champion-specific....i.e. don't say "get 5 warmogz n winn!".

I guess I'll start:

Cassiopia - Her passive is EXTREMELY strong in ARAM. 50% cost reduction. By spamming a spell every 4 seconds or so, you can do so cheaper than if you used spells every 7 seconds! I buy a TEAR, boots, health pots and then spam Q nonstop. Not only does it charge the tear extremely fast, but it puts pressure on the enemy champs and annoys them, deals some damage, and my mana level pretty much stays constant. It takes a bit of getting used to, but Ive found it to be very effective.
She doesnt really need a chalice and CDR isn't all that great on her anyways. For 2k, she can then get 120 AP, big MP5 boost, and the huge Mana Shield when needed (instead of needing to build her as tanky) which is very cost-effective.
Then onward to sorc shoes, maybe a guise, Deathcap, etc. Rod's mana boosts both AP and Shield making it really strong even later on.

Kennen - He makes for a surprisingly strong TANK! AP spams shurican but has to get close to really do much and falls off. But getting Warmog, Aegis, etc, lets Kennen get in close to apply his insane chase and utility. Ult is a massive AoE stun. He can peel pretty effectively with a Shurican at pointblank, dashthru, Zap. You can always add a Liandrys for a big damage boost thru Burn. I had a team of squishies so was forced to go this route and was shocked at how useful it was. I expected to get overrun by their bruisers but his CC was amazing and they were dumb enough to target me all the time.

Kog Maw - AP is a very viable option in ARAM if you have another carry or lots of AD. Start with Chalice,boots and max your PUKE CARPET which is the key to success. Good AP ratio, big range, fairly wide, this is a surprisingly strong poke. This+spittle+ult = decent burst. For best luck with Ult, get Sorc Shoes, Guise to Liandrys instead of going for lots of AP. That will maximize the high base damages. Chalice gives you the spammability, especially with Athenes upgrade. Rylais is tempting to double the Burn on your Ult and give it a slight slowing ability. Malady adds some AS so your Barrage still hits pretty hard for autoattacking. Avoid nasher..you MUST have chalice/athene first.

Youniverse

03-15-2013

Vlad - I feel the best way to play him is pool style in ARAM. The reason why this works as opposed to the regular Q+E style is because Vlad becomes an initiator and a scary one. W becomes this crazy 500+ dmg AoE spellvamp ability with 40% slow on a 8 second cooldown that gives you immunity for 2 seconds. As opposed to only pooling 1 champ in other modes like summoner's rift in the beginning, you consistently pool the entire team, netting you the % hp you lost if you pooled at full hp and dealing great damage.

Defensive tree and go max CDR with health items. Ionian boots + spirit visage should max you with the help of some runes. I like to follow this up with rylais, warmog, and liandry. Pool will do around 800-1000 dmg at this point and the health you leech will be glorious. Skills: max pool first and be aggressive.

Malz - Start with the chalice (I recommend paired with dorans ring but that's optional). Instead of leveling E (dot) as you would in summoners, level up Q (aoe silence). 3 seconds of silence to half or more of the enemy team makes this spell too good in aram to pass up. It's also going to be your poke spell in the beginning as it has excellent range and does not require a target. Use Q every time it goes off CD, whether you hit something or not.

After chalice, I go for a liandry. From there I prefer CDR (Morello and athenes) and voidstaff but you can go standard AP (deathcap/zhonya)

ToothDcay

03-16-2013

Karthus
- makes a good tank if your team needs some front line. Build Liandrys and Rylais as core and tank it up/dps it up with any item. The constant AOE slow and %HP ticks get pretty brutal really quick. Works best in a squishy vs bruiser environment

Zilean
- Tear, Athenes, another 20% cdr item(kindlegem) and boots of mobility. 40%cdr zilean is just a beast and with mobility boots and self speed up ure like an untouchable god on the battelfield. Slow up/down up to 3 champs at the same time. Have bombs (which dont do AS much damage, but hey) put on the enemys over and over and over. Plus your rewind on freekin 3 sek cooldown will reset your ult almost twice a teamfight (im exaggerating, tho if you win at your tower and used the ult, it will be back up 100% when the first enemys respawn). Gets countered by ranged CC pretty hard tho( Sion, ryze etc)

- Leblanc AD
If you use her kit for defense purpose only, she gets really op with the first major AD items. Un-effin- touchable. I recommend rushing Manamune tho.

Kalarepa

03-16-2013

I'll try to give some advices for few of the heroes with very low win ratio in ARAM, because I'm not doing that bad on them

Tryndamere - Pick cleanse, pick Mecury boots (or Zypher), pick QSS. You will need it to do anything. In early game - focus on farming. Kill as many creeps as you can, wait for late game and destroy. Leave poking for your teammates, survive enemy poke with your Q.
If you're facing heavy AD teams - max slow after Q. That AoE - AD debuff is really powerful.
Also, I usually start with Hexdrinker - great early game item, prevents enemies from bursting you down before you can R, and Maw has great synergy with your passive.
If enemies are really good at kiting - get Mallet and extra movement speed.

Udyr - It's very tempting to max Tiger Stance, but I noticed, Phoenix is actually better here. With Tiger you will probably burst someone down, but Phoenix does a lot of AoE damage, helps with pushing - you simply do more for your team (even if your KDA won't be that great).
Remember, you aren't useless. Use your tankyness and Turtle to eat some of enemies harass. Udyr, who rushed MR and maxed Turtle is actually one of the hardest counters to Nidalee's spear.
In teamfight - Try to stun as many enemies as you can, focusing on heroes like Katarina, Nunu, MF, Galio.
Also, don't try to initiate by yourself. Enemies will just kite you to death. Wait for your teammates to land skillshots CC or something and then go in.

Shaco - Go AP (unless enemy team is full of bruisers). One of the biggest mistakes AP Shacos are making is that they're creating the "nest" in 1 place. Your enemies aren't retarded and probably they have vision on you. Maybe you will catch someone 2 times during the time of game - but generally you're useless.
What you should do, is to place single boxes in different spots. 1 in brush, 1 at heal relic, 1 in the middle of lane (at the bottom side), 1 next to the destroyed tower, etc. Don't worry about the enemies seeing you.
By doing that, you're zoning your enemies. They can't go through that brush anymore, they can't go through the bottom side of lane, they can't go for that heal relic. They can only go through the middle of lane, between creeps and get destroyed by the skillshots of your team.
Oh and don't worry, when they will try to destroy your single boxes. They always will lose some (sometimes even half) HP by doing that - in other words, you're harassing them.
About Shaco's ult. Stop sending it alone into 5 enemies - I repeat, they aren't retarded. Wait until huge team breaks up, 10 people are fighting - then send your clone. Even if enemies are careful - your clone will day anyway from few random AoE's and skillshots.
Once you have some AP, harass with Q+E their squishies wheneve you can. If you repeat that 2-3 times on 1 squishy, he's pretty much out of the next fight.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Thanks for contributing. So much QQ posts, its nice to have something with useful content. There arent' exactly champ guides for ARAM... ;-)

The Codyman

03-19-2013

My best guide is to know the role you get stuck with. 5 ad carries ( hypothetical ) time for a tank and ap build on 2 of em. basically build to be a part of a 5 man team, it works wonders.

and if you get that role, be that role, thats arams buddy, just try not to feed too much.

Kadajko

03-20-2013

My go to picks of ABAM:

1) AP Ezreal - Has very high damage output, has good escape and mobility, has a global ult for a narrow passage. I use full Magic pen and Scalling AP runes. 21/0/9 in masteries.
Summoner spells Ghost/Flash for extreme mobility.

Start out with a sheen and pots. Sheen immediately brings Q on par with with other AP spells for the early game and gives some AP. Then I buy Sorcs. Then I buy Athenes for mana sustain and CDR and DFG to be able to instagib squishy champs or toput some serious hurt on more tanky champions. and again CDR. After these items I have enough AP to go for Lich bane which again brings Q back in line to the current level of dmg. Then I go for a Void staff to deal true damage to characters with little MR, and to generally shutdown any excessive MR people have built. Lastly I go for a rabadon for complete late game dominance in dmg department.

AP Ezreal is a Carry and shines the most late game, however unlike summoners rift where he can't farm good, he doesn't need to worry about farm too much due to the passive high gold income, as such he is very strong through out the whole game, and Godlike late game. But you have to be good with skillshots of course.

2) ADC Jayce - is in my opinion the strongest ADC on this map. And he has one very serious advantage over other ADC's - he doesn't start weak, and doesn't have a farm phase, he starts very strong and finishes even stronger. He starts off as an AD caster with insane shockblast damage and ends as a hypercharge spammer with 1000+ dmg crits.
I go for full Armorpen and MR/Armor runes. Masteries 21/0/9
Summoner spells Clarity/Flash for sustain and mobility. I tried Manamune for mana sustain, but found that it cripples my main build too much with it's cost, and I am not as effective as I need to be on every game stage.

I start off with 3 long swords and pots. Then I build a brutilizer, which makes early physical damage to squishy targets true. Then I go for boots of lucidity to spam my shockblast and other abilities if such an opportunity exists. Then I build a last whisper to again have true damage in line with the current level of armor and build sanguine blade for AD and sustain. From there I go for late game with ADC Crits and W, with building Infinity edge and upgrading brutilizer to ghost blade. Sixth item is not a core item, but MUST be some AD item, for damage to not fall off in complete late game. Usually I get a Maw to protect myself from excessive late game bursts.

http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1303/6f/a9de210d77c8.jpg
http://s61.radikal.ru/i173/1303/27/aee3814b1063.png

When I am playing one of these 2 characters I usually end up with a VERY good score, regardless of whether I lose or win. And I usually lose when the rest of my team is very incompetent in comparison to the enemy team.
Also these 2 characters end up as the highest dmg dealers through out the game in the charts.

Kalarepa

03-20-2013

I agree with AP Ezreal. His early game is pretty weak, but after 6 level, he starts doing ridiculous damage.
About Jayce, I also don't like Manamune on him. But I think, Brutalizer will give you more damage than 3 long swords.

Warrrrax

03-20-2013

Brutalizer will give more dmg but zero room for health pots. Maybe that isnt necessary awful since he mostly drops big Qballs and stays out of harms way.

Still, I would think that would run OOM really fast. A rank 3 Qball does 170, plus 1.68 times your AD. I'd rather be able to drop that constantly with Longsword,tear,pots vs being able to add an extra 35 or so damage but be OOM all the time. Tear gives you a 4mana "rebate" on your spells plus the bigger pool and 7 MP5. You can't otherwise get 100+mana every 12 sec or so when Gate is rdy. A philo stone might be a good compromise to try. HP5 for sustain, decent MP5, plus gold generation.

I know the Manamune does tend to eat your build and cause a bit of a lull, but I feel its worth it for the spammibility. It eventually is quite good, costing 2100g and adding a good 60 AD which is pretty efficient...PLUS murumana with hypercharge is quite strong adding about 150ish dmg per hit.

After tear,boots, I tend to get ionic boots, Brutalizer to Black Cleaver, another brutalizer, eventual ghostblade, then look at Inf Edge and a lifesteal source..probably sanguine.

-------
I will have to try out AP Ez. Ive stuck to AD because its safe. Im curious about early start though. I understand sheen would add a good 50 dmg (increasing to 100), and add a bit more mana pool. But wouldn't you still run OOM? And doesnt his Q do physical dmg? Why rush the sorc shoes?
Also, how to use his Blink? Its a part of his offense but I always use it as a defensive thing. Arent you asking to get reamed if you blink into their range and Q,W?

Kadajko

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
About Jayce, I also don't like Manamune on him. But I think, Brutalizer will give you more damage than 3 long swords.
3 things:
1) 3 long swords give 5 more damage.
2) You can afford 5 more pots after long swords, and only 1 pot if you buy brutilizer.
3) With my armor penetration runes if I rush brutilizer my armor penetration exceeds the lvl 3 armor of MOST my enemies, and because armor doesn't go into negative, starting out with a brutilizer gives me redundant armor pen.

That's why I go for brutilizer on my next return instead.