Elixir of Fortitude

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Öutcast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

So the Elixir of fortitude I think has a small problem.

I was playing rumble vs a top lane darius and we were having an early game fight level 3 and he is about to die so I use ignite on him to finish the job...but then he uses the Elixir of fortitude and it gives him a bunch of bonus hp.

I really do think that while the HP boost is good on the item, using the item as an unhinderable heal ability is kinda broken.

ChampStat

03-15-2013

Lulu, Nasus, and Renekton also have unhinderable heals.

TheRottenCrow

03-15-2013

yah but those come with the champion. anyone can use this item, although I never would have thought to do it myself. simple solution- change the health increase from immediate to over the next three seconds.

67chrome

03-15-2013

Getting an un-mitigated heal is basically the reason to get that item, otherwise it's just a gold-dump when you've run out of inventory slots. If you see it in someone's inventory before the lanning phase is over, heal-baiting is what's going to happen (if they remember to use it). You can use Elixer of Fortitude to heal-bait execution ultimates like Darius, Garen, and Cho'Gath have as well.

As for being un-mitigated by healing reduction, it's because it increases your maximum hit points - picking up a giant's belt when your ignited on your fountain does the same thing, and that's the reason Nausus, Renekton, and Lulu have can "heal" without it being mitigated - because it's technically not healing.

The Öutcast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Getting an un-mitigated heal is basically the reason to get that item, otherwise it's just a gold-dump when you've run out of inventory slots. If you see it in someone's inventory before the lanning phase is over, heal-baiting is what's going to happen (if they remember to use it). You can use Elixer of Fortitude to heal-bait execution ultimates like Darius, Garen, and Cho'Gath have as well.

As for being un-mitigated by healing reduction, it's because it increases your maximum hit points - picking up a giant's belt when your ignited on your fountain does the same thing, and that's the reason Nasus, Renekton, and Lulu have can "heal" without it being mitigated - because it's technically not healing.
with nasus, renekton, and lulu, that's their champion kit. Farming up 250 gold for a "get out of death free" potion is really easy, thats farming 15 farm, and that takes a minute and a half to do. Whereas the heal/ignite summoner spell is on a much longer cooldown.

I think in order to fix the item, yes it should increase your hp, but it should increase the max amount, not give you bonus HP at that moment to escape from a death.

Krosan

03-15-2013

Pissing away 250 gold for a one-use 140-235 heal is hardly "unfair." Being able to use it for a surprise hit of bonus health provides a bit of counterplay in situations where little would otherwise exist.

If you have made someone buy an Elixir just to survive in lane against you, you have gimped their later game by 250 gold. I'm sorry if you think that you deserve that kill on top of that just because you picked Darius and hit 6.

The Öutcast

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
Pissing away 250 gold for a one-use 140-235 heal is hardly "unfair." Being able to use it for a surprise hit of bonus health provides a bit of counterplay in situations where little would otherwise exist.

If you have made someone buy an Elixir just to survive in lane against you, you have gimped their later game by 250 gold. I'm sorry if you think that you deserve that kill on top of that just because you picked Darius and hit 6.

I dont think you read what I wrote, we were both level 3, he was ignited. He received more hp than he would of off of summoner heal. The item needs to be rebalanced.

awkwardbowman

03-15-2013

it also costs 250 of his starting gold, which means you could have bought 6 hp pots for WAY more hp worth than that in sustain. I seen no problem.

Progenitor

03-15-2013

waaaaaa i was out played in lane nerf the item that hurt my feelings its a bad item waaa is all im hearing every item in the game has counter play potential just look at the enemies inventory before making plays it helps u grow as a summoner