Does AP Yi work in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

03-17-2013

You need to get CDR a lot earlier than that. AP Yi does nothing without CDR.

Shoopman

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
Oh my god is this really a thing?
EDIT2: Surely it isn't, I would have noticed something with all my Ghostblade Yi play

EDIT: So I can actually contribute to the thread: AP Yi tends to do best against squishy or immobile bot lane picks, especially ones who rely on skill shots for their damage. If the worst comes to the worst, he can hold his tower safely by alpha striking waves to death without putting himself in danger later on. I disagree about Lichbane, but it does seem pretty bad on paper, so maybe I'm just wrong there. My theory is that since his damaging ability has such a long cooldown and puts him in melee range when you finally go for the all-in, you want to add as much burst to him as possible.
Lich bane got a pretty good beating in S3. The MR on it is gone and its on-hit is worse off than before after you break 200 AP which on AP Yi is nothing. Also the movement speed nerf was pretty lame. I honestly don't think it's worth the gold if you will have way over 200 AP.

Why the hell was it even nerfed? It's not like every mage in existence got one like they did with DFG. They reduced the cost by ~450, but they took way more than 450 gold worth of stats off of it.

0shi

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Lich bane got a pretty good beating in S3. The MR on it is gone and its on-hit is worse off than before after you break 200 AP which on AP Yi is nothing. Also the movement speed nerf was pretty lame. I honestly don't think it's worth the gold if you will have way over 200 AP.

Why the hell was it even nerfed? It's not like every mage in existence got one like they did with DFG. They reduced the cost by ~450, but they took way more than 450 gold worth of stats off of it.
I imagine everything you said was intentional - They wanted to move it away from having hodegepodge stats, they wanted to reduce the amount of damage the procs do late game, and made the initial upgrade from Sheen not be a downgrade before you had a certain amount of AP.
One thing you didn't mention is that they changed it to magical damage, allowing it to scale with your penetration, which offsets the damage nerf pretty significantly.

UPfreely

03-21-2013

why are you grabbing BFT on YI he doesnt proc its effect and u can almost buy morello and void for same price

Monogue

03-21-2013

AP Yi is horrible in the beginning...

But in the end... he just turns out fine!

I build AP Yi. But when I start progressing towards the end, I build Nashor's Tooth for speed and AP power.

I try to go for Blade of the Ruined King or BloodThirster. I'm pretty sure they're the same price. 2400, but, if not BT, sanguine blade.

AP/AD is fun with Yi.

Rush the opponent with Alpha strike, i'd hit "E", then ult to speed things up, then when the opponent is making the run for it, my CD for Alpha strike would have been refreshed and finish him. Bam.