:Please Post your own opinions:Best starting items for your favorite Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KYNB23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

I like saphire crystal on annie to make a rush Catalyst to keep my survivability high and make my laneing alot better

Ksielvin

12-04-2009

Guides & Strategy forum is full of champ specific guides with item builds in them. Hopefully even reasons for the early choices are given. It's a better place to look for early item ideas.

KYNB23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

this was more of a, if you liked a certain champ then post your starting item it was more for the noobs than for me i wanted them to have something to see. most noobs start off buying some really bad items for their champs

Aknar

12-05-2009

doran's shield or ring is always what i get for rammus,closely followed by ninja tabi and thornmail

Cosmic Power

12-05-2009

Karthus, BF Sword

(Ruby)

Cat Man Do

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
doran's shield or ring is always what i get for rammus,closely followed by ninja tabi and thornmail
I've never understood thornmail on rammus. As you get more armor, physical attacks do less and less damage, so you reflect less and less damage as you accumulate more items.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Thornmail damage reflection is calculated before Armor Mitigation.

First two items I get on a few champions:
Sivir: Chalice/Ninja
Nasus: Sheen/Chalice
Veigar: Chalice/Catalyst
Jax: Ninja/Vampiric
Chogath: Chalice/BoSwiftness

Victory

Adjudicator

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Man Do View Post
I've never understood thornmail on rammus. As you get more armor, physical attacks do less and less damage, so you reflect less and less damage as you accumulate more items.
Thornmail reflects based on the damage you would have taken if you had 0 armor. It is calculated entirely pre-mitigation.

Cat Man Do

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory View Post
thornmail reflects based on the damage you would have taken if you had 0 armor. It is calculated entirely pre-mitigation.
well this changes everything