@Riot The Banner of command needs a change.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warbane

03-14-2013

The Banner of Command, as cool looking as the item is, its simply beyond impractical for anyone to be expected to get. I think it should be made into a niche support item for pushing towers when the enemy team has too much of an advantage, and its too expensive and has the wrong stats to fill that role.

To fix that issue, it should build from a Glacial Shroud and a Rejuvenation Bead and behave a little different from its Emblem of Valor counterpart. It would be more useful as a support item, by giving an armor aura, and giving mana filling that support role better over top of Ability Power, it would break down like this:

Banner of Command - 510g
Glacial Shroud + Rejuvenation Bead - 1530
Total cost - 2040
+25 Armor
+350 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction

Unique Passive - Exaltation: Nearby Allies gain +20 armor, +5 health regen per 5 and nearby allied minions have 15% increased attack damage and ability power.

Unique Active - Promote: Transforms a nearby siege minion to a more powerful unit. You gain all the gold this unit earns. 180 second cooldown.

This would make it as an item Exactly what it should be, a support item that has its uses as an Aura and as an Active, I used promote as mid and support often, the idea was great, and as an Item its even better, but NOONE is using it, so I am just asking for a rework that I feel people would use regularly and feel like its worth using.

Does anyone else feel the Banner needs some love and agrees with me or as their own ideas or reworks in mind?

awkwardbowman

03-15-2013

You're making an item that has absolutely no armor in it's components suddenly radiate armor...
I agree it needs some love, but that just doesn't make sense.
If you want that aura, you kind of have to keep emblem of valor in it, at least for the armor and hp5

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

I could probably agree with this as long as Emblem of Valor is still included. Your suggestion still has an aura for armour and health regeneration so it doesn't make sense to not include it. You also claim it would become more useful for supports this way, yet it removes the only 'support' part of the item build for no reason - supports need those early items to be useful. (also, slightly too cheap for the stats it gives)
Therefore what you should have:

Banner of Command - 520
Glacial Shroud + Emblem of Valor - 1980
Total cost - 2500
+35 Armor
+350 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive - Exaltation: Nearby Allies gain +25 armor, +10 health regen per 5 and nearby allied minions have 15% increased attack damage and ability power.
Unique Active - Promote: Transforms a nearby siege minion to a more powerful unit. You gain all the gold this unit earns. 180 second cooldown.

This would actually make the item consistent and a lot easier to build, and would transition from an offensive support/tanky mage item to a tanky support item. The question is whether you would want it to be for the tankier role rather than the offensive role, which doesn't particularly suit its style.

awkwardbowman

03-15-2013

and the baron returns
why do i have a downvote?

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Haha, didn't even notice it was you. Sorry about that, its just you said it gained armour from nowhere when he made it so its components included Glacial Shroud, hence why it gained armour for this version. I was sort of just quickly scanning your comment and rushed on past.

Warbane

03-15-2013

Thanks for the update, and I agree with you, I just honestly wanted the item to be cheaper, but the idea that your suggesting not only makes more sense, but would have more value, just as you said.
I do feel supports need more of an "only armor aura" to counter melee heavy teams, runic bulwark is a must buy pretty much every game and this could be that must buy anti-melee item, with a cool active to boot? thanks for the feedback.

Progenitor

03-15-2013

I think this is a bad idea for one reason, Taric...
If Taric had this and bulwark... he would be giving everyone in his party a stupid amount of resists. (59 armor+ because of passive from w and 30 mr)
Bulwark is the only resists aura item for a reason having more than one would make parties stupidly hard to kill.
It would end up being you lost because u didn't have bulwark + this item, a lot of people would lose team fights and not even know why they lost.

BaronVonPwny

03-15-2013

Hmm, good point Progenitor. Two armour auras is a bit much, I didn't think much when writing before.
And after thinking a bit, I feel bringing Ohmwrecker to the table alongside this would be a good idea.
Both items are siege-based support items, and have their own benefits for pushing down towers. And I feel Ohmwrecker would be better suited to being the tank-based item, while banner of command stays the caster-based item. So here is my proposal:

Ohmwrecker: 2550g
Glacial Shroud + Philosopher's Stone + 500g
+45 armour
+350 mana
+18 health regeneration
+12 mana regeneration
+15% cooldown reduction
Unique Active: Same as before.

This gives supports a tank based option for taking out towers, and makes the current;y unviable Ohmwrecker some decent options for the first time, a new option especially for supports like Blitzcrank/Taric. The stats it gives are very helpful for diving under a turret and coming out alive.

Meanwhile, I think the direction Banner of Command tried to lean towards was a poke meta: Promote a minion and siege a turret with poke, destroying it safely without diving to kill the enemies. This might not be the idea it needs, but, I made a suggestion a while ago about introducing an old concept from the removed item, Soul Shroud. This is how it fits in:

Banner of Command: 2400g
Fiendish Codex + Emblem of Valor + 930g
+40 ability power
Unique Aura: Allies gain 10 health regeneration and 10% cooldown reduction, and nearby minions gain 15% attack damage.
Unique Active: Same as before.

While it isn't much of a change, it significantly helps out your allies, instead of only benefiting yourself. The slight price increase is due to the massive benefits it now gives over the old item.