Sword of the Divine - What would make this item more appealing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkerNectron

03-14-2013

I have been tempted to build this quite often on twitch or other champions, but it always seems disappointing.
(I do not have that much experience with this item outside of arams)

What if sword of the divine ignored armor/damage reduction/dodges/bind effects for the next 3 attacks instead of 100% attack speed/100% crit chance?

Anyone have suggestions to make this item more appealing, or have you found situations where it works better than an alternative (IE, PD, Botrk, LW, BT)?

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

Works decent on Vayne when you want to burst someone, since it has synergy with Silver Bolts. Aside from that? Not worth on many champions. Maybe rework it into having a lower cooldown (half?), but giving half the steroids and only halving the innate AS.

Warbane

03-14-2013

Its a great item, buy why not make it have an 15 second cooldown, and when you activate it, your next attack automatically crits and gives you a shield equal to halve of the damage dealt? I think we have enough damage items, and any item that gives some defensive stats, and adds strategy, would be awsome and fun.

DarkerNectron

03-14-2013

SotD seems to always have the problem of devaluing itself.
If you build SotD then you want IE, at which point, activating SotD effectively loses the gold efficiency of 25% crit. And now that you havep an IE you probably want more crit chance... but every crit you get from other sources is useless during SotD's active...

Oz SammyD X

03-15-2013

I dont think you guys understand how great this item is, have you seen a Rengar insta kill with it? i guess you havent, but i have because ive actually done it!

Its a very good situational item.

Xela Syab

03-15-2013

I consider it a weird Riot troll Item. I don't consider the active any more powerful than BoRK and YG yet they don't get their stats ripped when thy use it. I think they should just make the cd longer and keep the stats, that way it can be like a situation kill item where you turn it on and burst down champs.

DarkerNectron

03-15-2013

Without its active the item is horribly gold inefficient "~700g" With the active, the item becomes incredibly gold efficient for 3 seconds or 3 critical strikes gaining "~6200g" worth of value but disabling the passive. While the item is on cooldown you have an item that costed "2200g" and is adding no bonus.

Maybe the item was meant more for bruisers like Garen or Udyr who can use the item for the full duration.

turulHAARP

03-15-2013

Either increase the cooldown so the active can be used fewer times but the item would not lose the attack speed bonus on cooldown as mentioned above
OR
keep as now and when the active is on cooldown it grants a flat amount of armor penetration.When the active is up and usable this bonus is lost.It's not powerful because you get 45% attack speed bonus + the ability to burst but when you fail to kill somebody with the item,you can still utilize the armor pen as it applies to auto attacks and proper spells.Something around 10/15 armor penetration for starting sounds nice.

Recaiden

03-16-2013

No one can spread those attacks out for the full 3 seconds without taking AS debuffs. It's mostly for AD assassins/casters, as carries need a reliable crit engine and bruisers have better damage options. Fiora, Master Yi, Rengar, maybe Kha'Zix?

It would be interesting if the CD on kill were 1/2 the base, and not the current, as then you could reasonably reset it during larger fights.

Badruk

03-16-2013

It would be better if u didn't lose all the stats when the active was on cooldown, maybe if the AS was halved instead.....