Youmuu's Ghostblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Intergallactic

03-14-2013

Do people use this alot in season 3? I've used it only once in S3, on Wukong. Are there champions that it's a core item for?

TheRottenCrow

03-14-2013

sure! yi and shivanna use it pretty well

MarcusGraves

03-14-2013

there never really is a time where id rather buy ghostblade over BC from brutalizer unless ive missed something about it being really good or it being really good on a certain champ lately.

DarkerNectron

03-14-2013

its core on Yi

67chrome

03-14-2013

It's my personal favorite item to start with on Fiora, at least in Dominion. She needs crit, and assortment of AD scalers (attack damage, armor penetration), CDR due to her awful cooldowns, and an edge to make her bursty with her sustained damage (attack speed active) - which Youmuu's covers pretty well. It has pretty solid synergy with Blade of the Ruined King in that regard as well, which has finally been buffed to something useful for such a build.

I haven't been disappointed grabbing Youmuu's on Tryndamere or Yi either. Generally speaking it's an item for a dying class though, as squsihy melee DPS isn't terribly viable much of anywhere in LoL outside of pub-stomping and exploiting disorientated teams, but without the tools to reliably split up enemy teams, power spikes to be effective during the early/mid game when teams are split up, or roaming/jungling capabilities to force duels from the lanning phase.

TheRottenCrow

03-15-2013

its pretty much a staple for any champion who relies on cooldown or melee auto attacking. shyvana is my favorite for this item since she benefits from everything on it - cooldown for abilities, damage, armor pen, move speed, and attack speed.

Xela Syab

03-15-2013

The active is great for busting turrets. Ironically this used to be core on Trynd before they removed the mana regen on Nashor's tooth. It's best used for assassins who need cdr and the active is great against busting down turrets, it also sync insanely with BorK since you can pop both actives and ghost to your opponent with bonus attack speed..