Platinum players don't seem to know how to play dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adorablekitten

03-14-2013

I keep getting them on my team and they just sort of flail around trying to do things but end up being counter intuitive to goals. 4 at top, I'm taking their mid. BETTER ENGAGE!

seattlebadboy

03-14-2013

ask them to skype you for maximum fun

konfetarius

03-14-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...11049#35511049

Prepare yourselves.

David12596

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
In the future, winning a lot in Ranked will 'splash' some MMR to other game modes and this problem will go away.
Oh god...

I don't even know if i have to mention what is wrong with that.

Stralucire

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
Oh god...

I don't even know if i have to mention what is wrong with that.
Modes. Not necessarily Maps.

David12596

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post
Modes. Not necessarily Maps.
Maybe. Would have to ask him to clarify what he meant by other modes.

Adorablekitten

03-18-2013

Diamonds on my draft pick dom. "Why would you ban wukong...are you new or something?" My life.

DiscworldDeath

03-19-2013

I remember in S2 some dude with 2.4k SR games and 2,200 SR normal Elo got into our games, he'd take Olaf bot, rage for ganks, after killing the enemy bot laner would go b even if their bot was free... said in all-chat I'm trolling for building Executioner's Calling on Jax FML.

Just treat those things as funny stories to be told and retold later, and don't take them to heart.
And no, they often don't have a clue. They could learn, if they are willing to, though. Many of them come thinking they already know everything, which can hinder learning, sometimes.
But some high Elo players come, are willing to learn, and join the higher echelons. Most people don't get to high plat/Diamond without having some skills which can help, and a capacity to learn and improve.

inFe eD

03-19-2013

I can confirm I have no idea how to play this game.

NamKim

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablekitten View Post
Diamonds on my draft pick dom. "Why would you ban wukong...are you new or something?" My life.
I don't believe it. You had a draft pick Dom game.

But on a serious note, I'm fine with higher season 2 ranked players trying out Dominion. If anything, if we can get a few "converted" then that is more power to us since we are getting more mechanically gifted players. Once they learn the fundamentals of Dominion, they could possibly get a team that could rival the top DD teams.

Fancy Wolf's a great example. He was a SR-main player and got pretty high. He found that he loved Dominion and switched over and his already developed mechanical skills are being put to good use since he is one of the more popular Dominion streamers (recommended by RiotRival on his Twitter on more than one occasion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I can confirm I have no idea how to play this game.
We knew for awhile. We read Sauron's Tier List.