@Reds: Now that new TT had time to develop: results ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

03-14-2013

Hello. I'm a player from EU West and have been playing more than 2000 games on TT before it was reworked.
There were long queue times, the map was sometimes frustrating but I loved it. I have played around 200 games since it was reworked, but I don't like the new map. Not only because of the new mechanics which are quite useless and boring, but also because the general "theme" of the twisted treelines has been lost (imo).

You did this rework because the old map was broken, and not really popular. A lot of players have asked you to bring back the old TT, but you said you don't have the space for that, and that it would divide queue times (I'm not saying it's not the case, I believe you).
Today, all the old 3v3 players I know stopped playing on TT, and moved to SR soloqueue. I'm not accusing you of destroying 3v3, maybe there are new players in this game who fell in love with that new map, but I would like to know how many they are.

Could you please tell me:
_How many players play the new TT
_Is that %age of the LoL playerbase more or less than BEFORE rework?
_Is there anything big planned for that endless beta ? Like a major change ?
_If the playerbase increased, would there ever be a 3's soloqueue ?

Also: I miss old TT music.

I will bump this from time to time, hoping for answers.

Eloquid

03-14-2013

I miss everything about old map, including its flaws. I gave fair chance to the new map playing about 100 games on it, but after a while you realize how shallow and boring it is. It's complete and total fail in every respect, except looks, but that's not why I play games. I play for fun. This is boring farmfest, bruisers dominate even more than on old map, jungle is joke (do you really even call that a jungle?), spider boss is redundant and in most games players don't even bother killing it. Can't believe this atrocity even has ranked.

This is not Twisted Treeline, it's Shallow Isle.

And the old music... Never forget.

I don't play 3v3 any more and I didn't move to SR because I can't stand it, but I discovered how good Dominion is. At least I'm grateful for that.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

03-16-2013

bump

WashedLaundry

03-16-2013

I'm curious, Nome. Can you even release the data? It's been quite a few months now.

PurpleURP

03-16-2013

bump

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

03-18-2013

bump

AjesN7

03-18-2013

i started playing a few month ago, so i play the new map, and i think it's awesome (maybe because i dont know the old one)

im eager to see a response to this thread

PS: bump

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

03-20-2013

bump

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

03-23-2013

bump

Venova

03-23-2013

See it's funny because, now we see that Proving Grounds is getting a new map for the new aram queue thats coming soon... And you know what? The current Proving Grounds map is STILL THERE! They didn't REPLACE IT with something similar - they put BOTH there, as in there was room for both! And I assure you far more people play TT than aram. So why don't we get our old TT map for customs too? This is really unfair Riot. Everyone here wants the old map back, at least for customs - but you just ignore it. And now nothing has even been done for this wannabe tt remake since the s3 update, and almost nothing was done before then either - and the dominion people are complaining too. The only thing their really getting right right now is this Karma rework retaining the Traditional skin - why can't we have Traditional Twisted Treeline???